My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

16 January 2006

Decisions, Decisions, and More Decisions!


So many decisions to make in such a short time frame.

Last night I had to choose between my ego or pure laziness. My ego won out and I frogged my second shoulder saddle. Now they are both done and I am content with them.


My second decision was to swatch or not to swatch the Amhra'n Gra' sweater. I chose to be the good knitter and swatch out the sweater. Pictures to come when I have some actual progress on the sweater.



My final decision was to join The Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympic Challenge. I know, I do not need another project, but I could not pass up a challenge. I have never made a lace shawl before so I decided on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pie Are Square Shawl. No, I have not chosen the yarn yet. That is just one too many decisions for me to make in a 24 hour period.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Hey Jenn - nice saddles! Your cables are really pretty and even. Glad to see you fixed it so I could comment in yer blog!

DotMom (a.k.a. Julie) said...

Hi Jenn --

I just happened into your blog via the Midwest Knitters Ring.

I saw that you are planning on doing the Pie Are Square Shawl for your Olympic Challenge. I just finished one of these (late) for Christmas. (see a photo here: http://dotmom61.blogspot.com/2006/01/pie-are-square-updated-photo.html)

If you haven't chosen your yarn yet, I have to recommend against lace-weight yarn!! But, then again, I'm a fairly new knitter, and I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this project.

Good luck with it!! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the pattern -- the instructions for the sawtooth border in EZ's book have a couple of minor problems. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Julie