My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

15 September 2006

The Braids Cardi

At long last the Braids Cardi is finished, or is it? The button band needs a little more blocking. From the front, the cardi is okay, but the back is not a slimming design. This is not a sweater for someone with broad shoulders as it accentuates the width of the shoulder region.

The front:



Prepare for the back...Ready? Instant 10-15 pound weight gain coming up.



Notice the cables are pulled wide to accommodate my shoulders then the yarn sucks back in right below the shoulder blades? ICK! I could block the sweater wider, but then I will end up with a boxy fit. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I am too disgusted right now to be rational about this sweater. Curse you linebacker shoulders!


I plan to ignore my cardi for the time being and hope a solution comes to mind. For now, I shall go back to working the body of my FLAK.

3 comments:

rachel said...

Down here in the mountains they're called "Tennessee Plow-girl Shoulders", and yeppers, I have them!

Not sure which I would do either. But, the FLAK certainly intrigues me, but perhaps I should finish all I have on the needles before starting something else!

Rachel

Becky said...

That's a beautiful sweater. I hear ya about the wide shoulders, though. In some clothes I look I've been hung from my shoulder bones. Hope you come up with a solution that suits you.

peggy said...

Actually I like the way the back looks. It looks like you went to a lot of trouble to hand fit it.