My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

11 November 2008

A Gift From The Heart From My Grandmother

Yesterday I received a rather unexpected and very special package in the mail. My 87 year old Grandmother whose is riddled with arthritis, made me pillow cases. She does not care for store purchased pillowcases, so she buys fabric and makes her own. Then without patterns she hand embroiders the pillowcases. Opening the box brought tears of joy. My Grandmother has lived a hard life and has never been one of those grandmother's who are waiting with hot cookies. She was too busy trying to work a farm and raise her children. Yet, every now and again I will receive a letter or a package that reminds me she is thinking of me. I love you Grandma.

I need to apologize for the photographs I am about to put on here. My good camera is without batteries and the sun decided not to cooperate. My grandmother's work is stunning and hopefully I will be bale to replace these photos with much better ones.

The pillowcases:




8 comments:

From A Creative Heart said...

See, that is why I didn't make you any more....how could mine compete with these sweet and dear ones from your grandmother!!!
Yep, patience is a virtue...lol

These are truly lovely!!!
HUGS,
Deb

Jennifer said...

Yours would not be competing, but rather loved on their own merit of being made by a dear friend. :) So, I still await the other pillowcase.

Love You!
Jen

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Wow, those are such a treasure! Beautiful!

Thanks for signing up for my giveaway :-)

the pearson c.a.s.t. said...

Hi there :)
I noticed from the awesome bloggygiveaways site that you are interested in holiday cards.

If you'd like, I'd love for you to take a peek at my designs [www.graphici.blogspot.com]. I have my 2008 cards posted and am running a maternity special for this season [I just had my 3rd baby...a little girl...4 weeks ago :)] Prices are only $40 for 50 cards!

Let me know if you are interested, and thank you - I enjoyed seeing your blog...the pillowcases are BEAUTIFUL!

Stephanie Pearson
sp82877@yahoo.com
www.graphici.blogspot.com

http://www.truenorth-re.com/graphiciholiday08/index.html

CanCan said...

Wow, I have to say I am envious! What gorgeous, special gifts!

Tiff said...

What a blessing to have such a treasured gift. You lucky lucky girl!
Those are such beautiful pillow cases, and the fact that they are handmade AND embroidered by her...

Kathleen said...

Those are absolutely amazing! They'll definitely be passed down through your family. I wish more of my time was spent making items like that...blame the computer!

Heidi said...

there is nothing quite as glorious as hand embroidered pillowcases..what a special gift.