My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 November 2008

Gifts That Make A Difference-Please Help Me Decide

This Christmas my family has decided that we would like to help others by giving a gift to two Organisations. One to my parents and one to DH's parents. I have deliberately left out the organisations DH and I automatically give to monthly. I had planned on listing them, so as not to get suggestions to give, but then I realised my blogging about the charities we give to would look like boasting, which I do not want. Also, I figure any charities brought up would be beneficial for others who are looking for ways to make a difference.

The problem is, I cannot make up my mind which to give to, as they are all so deserving. I would appreciate any suggestions, organisations I may have missed, and any other feedback that would help me and my family choose the most meaningful gifts we can.

Sadly, I have chosen those that provide *proof* of the donation, as I have relatives who would think we did not donate. Yet another reason we are giving to those who need and appreciate gifts in the name of our parents.

My current list, in no particular order:

Heifer International

MercyCorps
Network For Good
Oxfam America Unwrapped
World Vision

Thank you in advance for helping me choose two Organisations that will help others.

3 comments:

realworldmartha said...

Hi Jennifer,

You are the winner of my contest. I tried to email you but it came back as a familiar notice. Please see my blog and contact the merchants from this week to advise you are the winner or send me a valid email address and I will resend you the info.

Congatulations!

Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)

Tiff said...

I can only vouch for World Vision, so I think you should pick them :o)

Jennifer said...

Thanks Tiff that does help quite a bit.