My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 November 2008

Let Your Voice Be Heard, Please Go Vote!

Election Day is finally here. It has been a very long election and I know many are tired, but now it is our turn. Each one of us has a voice that needs to be heard.

Please, please get out and vote.

Would I like everyone to vote for the candidate I support, it would be nice. ;) However each person has a right to vote for whomever he/she believes to be the most qualified candidate to lead our great country.

Each person must be respected for his/her choice. I am quite tired of hearing all of the rumours and the false fear that is being spread. I live in a key state, which means there most likely is not an ad I have not heard, seen, or read.

I ask each one of you to independently look at the issues, reflect, pray and make a decision not based on what anyone else is doing, not based on fear, or lack of knowledge, rather voting for the candidate which you feel will make the best leader for our country.

Helpful (I hope) Information:

Where and when do I vote?

Find your polling place, voting times, and other important information by checking out Vote411.org. To be doubly sure, you can also contact your local elections office, which the previous link will help you find.

What should I do before I go?

After you've entered your address on Vote411, read the voting instructions and special rules for your state.
Voting ID laws vary from state to state, but if you have ID, bring it.
Check out all the voting myths and misinformation to look out for. When in doubt, ask your local polling office. There are a lot of rumours floating around the Internet.


What if something goes wrong?

Not on the voter list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
If you're voting on an electronic machine with a paper record, verify that the record is accurate.
Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
If you encounter a problem, try to videotape the situation and submit it to VideoTheVote.org


Now, everybody go vote!!!

2 comments:

thibeaux1369 said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful post. You are the best!!

I was so excited, I had to take pictures of my ballot (dork that I am).

Hope you are well!

hugs-
Felicia

Jennifer said...

Felicia,

Thank You for your kind words. :)

How wonderful! I wish I had thought to take my picture voting.

(Hugs)