My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

20 December 2008

Avoiding the Whole Baking Thing

Yes I do have some un-frosted sugar cookies on cooling racks, but that is as far as I could manage. I did exercise, which did not help my head any, but the Neurologists (yes I have more than one) really believe it will help. If it keeps me off Coumadin, exercise I shall.

So I showered and dressed, I thought maybe I should try and look presentable for a few hours and asked the guys why no one was doing anything. Their collective response? "Because you are not doing anything either". Yes, teens are just not quite as adorable as younger children. I knew teaching them to talk was a mistake. I jest, about the teaching them to talk part, the rest is true. If you have teens, you know what I mean. If you do not yet have teens, your time is coming.

So. instead of putting on an apron (oh wait, I never did win the Vixon Apron) I headed to my computer and found a giveaway to enter. I am torn as my friends Kathleen wants to win it and so does Erin, however she owns one already, so it is fair game, right? Should I win the Flip Video Camcorder from I Never Grew Up I will justify the win somehow. If I cannot win it though, I would love it if one of my friends could win it and maybe they would loan it to me.

Off to take some pain medication, since the run did no good, and see if I can get the baking done before midnight.

9 comments:

Haasiegirl said...

im the worst baker ever, no really...my cookies burn without putting them IN the oven.

trisha
momdot.com

Kathleen said...

I had to comment because I just got back from my parents' where I cut out, baked, frosted and sprinkled a few dozen sugar cookies. I actually enjoyed it, since someone else (mom) was babysitting!

And I hope you win the camera too! Or at least one of my blogging friends. It's nice when I see their names as winners.

Have a good night Jennifer!

Mommy Mia said...

I may try to bake something this year. I finally figured out my oven was running about 50 degrees hotter than the setting. I may end up with unfrosted ones too though. By the time I get anything done, something is hurting and I have to take a break.
BTW-welcome to the comment club!
Lori@Thrifty Thoughts

Helene said...

Just the other day I made cookies with my kids and we frosted and decorated them and it actually was fun but very exhausting!!!! I don't plan on doing it again until next Christmas!!!

Everyone tells me that the teenage years are by far the most challenging, although I'm still struggling to get through the preschool and toddler years! I feel like I've aged 40 years in the last 4 years!

blueviolet said...

I love how you not feeling well and having a darn good reason for not being able to do anything somehow justifies their decision to not do anything either. Oh those teens...

I'm hoping today will be much better for you!

LaTonya Yvette said...

I made sugar cookies this afternoon, and they came out perfect. I was having the same problem as Mommy Mia.
My fiance' was happy he didn't have to take burnt cookies to work.

grace @ sandier pastures said...

I think you deserve to win something! You're so diligent in entering giveaways! Maybe one day, you really will. ;-)

CanCan (MomMostTraveled) said...

Wow, you ran? Go you! I think I did that once, maybe 8 or 9 years ago.

You should make a chore list for your teens, followed by that nap you deserve.

The Muse said...

my baking consists of a grocery trip...
trust me...its the only way our home still stands! :)