My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 December 2008

Christmas Cookie Exchange

Thrifty & Chic Mom is hosting a Christmas Cookie Swap.

Here is a recipe for my personal favourite cookie to eat with a hot cup of green tea. I believe my recipe hails from Betty Crocker Cookbook.

Russian Tea Cakes

makes about 4 dozen

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar

1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
5. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.


Enjoy and be sure to check out the other recipes at Thrifty & Chic Mom.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love these, but I've never made them. I may give them a try though!

{the sassy mom} said...

Oh, those sound divine! Anything with powdered sugar is yummy! I've never tried cookies with green tea, I'll have to try it.

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try them.

Minxy Mimi said...

I am going to make these...they look easy and yummy!

Shasta said...

Yum! They sound really good and super easy! Just like I like!