My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

15 December 2008

Our Family Christmas Tree

Our Christmas Tree Theme every year has been Family.

I am submitting my tree for Tip Junkie's Tree Contest.

Our tree is comprised on old and new ornaments. We have DH's childhood ornaments as well as mine. We have ornaments from when we were first married, ornaments we gathered from travels. Then we have our children's ornaments. Ornaments they have made and ornaments they have been given each year.

Every year we carefully unwrap the ornaments and each person takes turns placing their own ornaments on the tree. Since our trees are not as tall as our ornaments dictate, "premium real estate" becomes and issue towards the end.

Here is our tree:

A mixture of the old and the new:


Ornaments collected from travels:


One of my collections of ornaments from when I lived in the former USSR:


An ornament Twin #1 made in 1st grade:


My oldest son's first ornament:



One of our family ornaments:


One of DH's ornaments from his childhood (he was a huge Snoopy fan).


Head over to Tip Junkie's Christmas Tree Contest to see all the wonderful trees.

6 comments:

blueviolet said...

You have some really unique ornaments. I'll bet there are some interesting stories with some of them. When it's time to vote, let me know! I think your tree is terrific!

Kathleen said...

I love all of your meaningful ornaments...they're my favorite kind, the ones that grew up with us and remind us of places we've been and different times in our lives.

And hey, I think we had that Snoopy ornament too from 1977!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

All your ornaments are cute. We had a set of Snoopy Balls that were made around 1977. The design is different though. They're still in the attic at my dad's house. I'll have to dig them out for next year when we clean out his attic in a few weeks!

mannequin said...

Oh... the USSR ornament is beautiful and so many memories, I'm sure.

Do you know that if I could go anywhere in the world, it would be the Ukraine? Architecture and architecture.

Minxy Mimi said...

They are beautiful and precious ornaments that you have! I enjoy collecting Christmas ornaments... we also have a lot from when my hubby was a child.

Kimberly/Mom in the City said...

Great tree. I especially love the star!