My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

23 December 2008

Plumbers, Delays, and a Quiz

I am rather proud of myself. I did not once ask my DH to throw the in towel and call a plumber. I know I thought it and he must have seen the pleading desperation for running water in my eyes because he phoned a plumber.

All I have to say is, please hug a plumber. If you are a plumber, married to a plumber, related to a plumber,or friends with a plumber please hug them and tell them how wonderful they are. For truly plumbers are amazing people.

Thanks to the plumber, who came out to our home in freezing rain, I now have running water! All the laundry is finished and fresh linens are on the beds. Toilets flush and the dishes are sparkeling clean. As I was taking an amazing shower (I miss a shower or two and I am not too fun to be around) I got to thinking about how I and my family take running water for granted. This lead me to thinking that I really need to donate more to WaterAid.

With the house ready and my family freshly showered, we receive a phone call from my in-laws, who are traveling here from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", to inform us their flight was delayed. After a few hours their journey began. Many hours later than planned they reached their connecting flight, only to be told all flights are canceled due to weather. At this point, I am going to assume my in-laws are not happy to be staying in the "Badger State". Now do not get me wrong, I lived there for five years and loved it. However, they were meant to be here this evening with their son and grandchildren, not in some hotel the airlines booked them in. In theory they will be on the first flight out in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed the next storm front holds out.

Since I am finished with my Christmas knitting, Christmas baking, and Christmas wrapping I thought I would look around at Blogs and take quizzes. I am an enormous fan of Jane Austen, so I took a quiz to find out which Austen Heroine I am.

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!



It turns out I am...Elinor Dashwood!
Elinor Dashwood!

You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.

Which Austen Heroine are you?

3 comments:

blueviolet said...

If I took that quiz, I wouldn't know at all what the results would be. I've never read Jane Austen. Isn't that terrible? I need to get with it.

Rae Ann said...

I am Elizabeth Bennet. Fun quiz!

Rhonda said...

Thank you for sharing the quiz link. My daughter is a huge Jane Austen fan and will love to take that!