My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 December 2008

A Real Recipe, I Know, It Is Unlike Me

Ask anyone who has known me for even a brief period of time and they will tell you I do not like to bake. Christmas time is really no exception. However, as a mom, I do give in and make cookies with the boys. A few years back we made a Yule Log and that experience has left me rather hesitant to step out of the world of sugar cookies.

What is even more rare is for me to actually post a recipe. I usually intend to, then I forget. This year we are having company for Christmas. My In-Laws will be here. We have not had Christmas with relatives in 15 years, so I guess I shall need to bake.

The following recipe is quick and easy (of course it is easy, I hate baking) and taste delicious, however the appearance is not as pretty as frosted cookies. My DH loves these and fondly refers to them as "barf in a cup". Yes, I know, he is still a kid at heart, ignore him. BTW, this is his mother's recipe. :)

Candy Cookies
makes 100
(no idea of the calorie count as homemade sweets are healthy and should be consumed in large quantities)

Buy the itty bitty paper cups in the baking isle (like mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups are in) Not that I eat sugary things. ;)

40 Graham Crackers rolled fine (we smash them in a Zip-lock bag)
1/2 Cup melted butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Half and Half
12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans (I prefer to buy them chopped, but I am lazy)

Mix everything together and fill the paper cups 3/4 full.

Bake at 375* for 10 minutes on cookie sheet.

My MIL says these freeze very well. They never last long enough here to freeze.

Visit Mommay's Mayhem Virtual Cookie Exchange for more wonderful cookie recipes!


4 comments:

Share said...

Oooo! Those sound sooooo good! Now I need to add baking to my overcomitted holiday list! LOL

Kathleen said...

They sound so good! I'd love to say I'll make them this year, but I have told myself that I am not baking cookies. We get so many from my mother and my mother-in-law. Next year though, when things are less crazy I want to bake lots of kinds like I used to do.

Jen @ Mommay's Mayhem said...

these sound yummy!

thanks for participating!

Jen @ Mommay's Mayhem said...

You won a $10 gc to Charmies Online! Please email me to claim your prize!