My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 January 2009

2009 Aloha Friday #1



This is the first Aloha Friday of 2009! Today I am relaxing with a good book. Yes, those pesky mom duties are involved, but for the most part I am spending the day on the couch reading.

My question for this week is: If you could, what book would you choose to spend the day reading?

My answer would be: Things I've Been Silent About by Azar Nafisi. I truly enjoyed her other book, Reading Lolita in Tehran, and I am hoping I enjoy this one as much if not more.

Visit An Island Life for more fun Aloha Fridays.

14 comments:

Tess said...

I'm first!
I hate to say but I would spend the day on the couch reading Twilight- yes, I'm a sucker for this series.

Tena said...

I would love to be able to sit on the sofa and read my book, I am in a lot of book challenges over on my book blog. The one I started early ( like 1am) is called Back in Kansas!

Great blog

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I have a few stacked up on my dresser, just waiting...I think I'd start with The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck.

janetfaye said...

I would like to read, "The Husband" by Koontz.

TheAngelForever said...

Assuming I put my knitting needles down to read, I would likely pick Harry Potter. It has been SO long since I read them and could use a refresher.

oh amanda said...

Right now? Any book! I'm in the middle of Eight Shepherd by Brock & Bodie Thoene. And waiting for New Moon (#2 in Twilight) to come from bn.com! :)

blueviolet said...

I think it would be fun to go back and read the something I read when I was young and see if I still liked it. I'm thinking....Whispers by Dean Koontz.

Renee said...

don't know...I need a good suggestion. LOL!

right now I'm reading "Pleasure of My Own Company" by Steve Martin...and it sure is WEIRD!

I'm also reading "Trading Faces" a novel for my dd's level.

kailani said...

The new James Grisham book. I just don't have the time to read right now.

Aloha
Kailani
http://islandlife808.com

Ky said...

You know what? Honestly, I am a blog reader and information/internet junkie versus a book reader. I am generally not a TV watcher.

However, today I was watching PBS and saw a series called JapanLand which is based on a book by Karen Muller.

I was so intrigued by the series that I think it is the first book that I will be reading in 2009.

Jenni Jiggety said...

I have a bunch of books in my TBR pile...any one of them would be lovely!

Cathi said...

I still need to finish the last Harry Potter book.

Momstart said...

Twilight

Rae Ann said...

I am currently reading Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I am about nine chapters in and could easily spend an entire day reading the rest.