My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

09 January 2009

Focus Friday-Week One

Ellen at Thrifty & Chic Mom has come up with Focus Friday, where we choose one thing we focus on for that week.

Focus Friday


I am going to begin by focusing my computer time as it is beginning to get out of hand.

1) I will make a list of the days that I do certain types of posts. Obviously I cannot plan my spontaneous posts, so those will come whenever.
2) I will decide upon a practical amount of time in the mornings and evenings to check out blogs.
3) I will endeavour to get my blog posts done early in the morning or right before bed, I am shooting for morning.

So for the next week, my focus is going to be on organizing my blog and time spent at blogs. I know people juggle more than one blog and still get things accomplished, so I assume I will be able to be more efficient, blog better, and read all the blogs I enjoy and discover more.

Next week I shall report back with how well I did or did not do.


If you need to focus on specific areas in your life, head over to Thrifty & Chic Momand join in on Focus Friday

15 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I found you from the Mr. Linky for the focus friday. What a great idea! I think your goals are really good. I wish you luck in establishing a workable schedule for yourself!

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Great focus, that is on my to do list for future week. Thanks for joining in, good luck!

Fear and Parenting in Las Vegas said...

Hi. I'm here from SITS. These are great tips. Good luck on your resolutions!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

It's hard isn't it? You get sucked in to commenting and then find another cool blog and it is a vicious- but don't you dare take it away from me- cycle LOL

Creative Mish said...

It is easy to get carried away reading so many blogs. I have a time limit each day.. I actually rotate my favorites so I read a few each day and catch up

mannequin said...

What?? This is ridiculous.

"Spend more time on the computer"...says a small voice on your shoulder into your ear.

Joelle said...

Good luck! I'm a bit too scattered to attempt to focus on anything specific so I'll live through all of you! Happy focusing!

The Muse said...

I have a timer at my desk...it sounds horrid...but is the only way I can achieve any other facet of my life...

Time slips away in blog~land!

Good for you :)

shopannies said...

I think we must be on the same line because the other night made myself a bit of computer schedule if you will. What I will do and for how long. I agree there is so much I want to do on here that if I did it all I would be in lots of trouble. Thanks for visiting my blog

Morgan said...

Do you have a set ammount of time you work on your blog? Do you do a certain type of post on certain days, or just have the whole month planned out randomly?

Kathleen said...

I really need to do this too--keeping a schedule. It sometimes feels like the blog is taking over my life. I have managed to do the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday things, but I need to do some regular Monday and Tuesday posts.

Ann said...

This is such a great idea! Organizing blog time. I need to work on that too.
Thanks for being a part of the Virtual GNO Jennifer!

Oh Boy...Oh Boy...Oh Boy said...

good luck. i am not that organized, but i feed my blog addiction in lieu of sleep

Julia said...

GOOOOOOOD Luck with this. I am striving for something like this too! If you are successful let me know what works best.

Chris said...

I think my focus should be spending less time on my computer. My hubby thinks I don't share it enough. LOL!