My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 January 2009

I Have Been Tagged



I've been tagged by Brittany over at The Greer 5!

7 Things You May Not Know About Me.

1. I am stroke survivor. I suffered a stroke when I was 37 and was fortunate. I was very fit and active at the time, which I think helped. I have weakness on my left side, slight aphasia, and the left side of my face droops a bit. Did everyone just click on my profile to see if they could see the drooping?

2.I have a very rare (1% of the population have them) form of migraines, which leaves me in constant pain. Some days are much better than others. I do not feel sorry for myself, it is they way it is. There is one known treatment that could possibly, maybe help me and I refuse. Something about having a device placed in my head does not sound pleasant. (See #4)

3. My threshold for noise is extremely low. This is most likely due to my head. Same for light.

4. I have a fear of medical tests. I have had numerous procedures throughout my life and yet I still fear them, especially MRIs.

5. I am deathly afraid of the dentist. I do not recall any trauma, yet I am terrified of the dentist. However, my kids go every 6 months.

6. As long as I am discussing fears, I am absolutely terrified of clowns.

7. On a lighter note, my favourite ice-cream is coconut ice-cream from Graeters. I am lactose intolerant, yet that never, ever stops me.

Enough about me! I did choose 7 people to send this to (normally I do not). I choose the following because I believe they lead interesting lives and would have some fun things to share.

Kathleen @ KatydidandKid

Erin @ Mrs. Cox's Slice O' Heaven

Kristin @ An Ordinary Life

Mannequin @ Fractured Toy

CanCan @ Mom Most Traveled

Angie @ 7 Clown Circus

Karen @ Lykke og løkker

I look forward to reading their lists.

11 comments:

April said...

Wow...you are very interesting! I had severe migraines when I was much younger, but they all but disappeared when I became pregnant for the first time. I hope a cure for your problem is discovered soon...one that does not include placing a device in your head!

Brittany said...

Wow. I just learned so much more about you from that! That ice cream sounds to die for! And I am so glad you are OK. I think you are an amazing person!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Great list! Mine's up.
Enjoy your weekend!

Morgan said...

Wow, that seems SO young to have a stroke! I'm glad you're doing so well now!

I'm not scared of the dentist, but I am terrified of getting a filling or crown.

blueviolet said...

It's so nice to learn more about you! I'm sorry that you had a stroke but I'm so happy that you survived. I love having you for a friend!

Graeters! I think that's the place my kids' doctor mentioned and he ordered a bunch of it to bring back with him last time he was over there. I've heard it's fabulous. I keep forgetting to try it when I'm in that area.

Morgan said...

Thank you for the compliment : )

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Wow... in your picture you don't look over 30!!!

Learned an awful lot today!

So glad you are still with us!

Naomi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. That must be hard to live with.

Your seven things are definitely much more interesting than mine!

mannequin said...

I think you forgot to add one Jennifer; I think you forgot to add that you're a very strong woman :)

Clowns *are* kinda creepy but I like kinda creepy. Thanks for tagging me and I'll post it tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll need to do something real quick to be as interesting as you though..

CanCan (MomMostTraveled) said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'll get to this right now so I don't feel overwhelmed later ;)

Seven things you might not know about CanCan

1) I was a tom boy as a child. In fact I wanted to BE a boy. I always got along with the fellas better, which ended up working in my favor once they were interested in dating.

2) For some reason, growing up, adults always colored me as "rebellious", but actually I'm quite a rule follower. I DO question things that aren't efficient or don't make sense.

3) I had 2 cats that I really loved. Snowy lived to be 21 (I know!) and Biscuit disappeared when she was 6. I loved them but now I totally don't want to fool with being a pet owner anymore. So much investment of time and money. I feel like that means I'm calloused or something.

4) It is super hard for me to concentrate with music on. To the point where it is a bit difficult for me to hold up my end of a conversation.

5) I have never been very fond of clowns myself. Other fears? Aggressive dogs (I was once surrounded by a group of dogs in Belize...totally made my hair stand on end), and "never amounting to anything".

6) Constant loud noise really puts me on edge. So it is kind of hard having a preschooler.

7)Maybe you DO know this, but I'm very very VERY thrifty and frugal.

Kathleen said...

I just posted here

http://katydidandkid.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged.html

But had to comment on your things, since I too hate the dentist. Something about drilling and grinding of teeth/bone. Blood however does not bother me in the least (hey, I'll need to save that quirk for another meme).

I also HATE loud noise and prefer a quiet room without music or TV.