My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 January 2009

It Was NOT User Error!

I cannot convey how relieved I am to find out I am not a complete moron when it comes to technology. My DH picked up a Blackberry for me a few weeks ago and since I have had nothing but difficulties. I was seriously beginning to doubt whether I had college diplomas. My Blackberry would not do anything it was supposed to do. I figured it was user error. I am not tech savvy, yet I figured kids have Blackberry phones, really I should be able to get mine to ring consistently.

I honestly did not think that was asking too much of a phone, as that is what phones are supposed to do. Today my oldest arrives home and I ask where he has been and he informs me he texted me and did not hear back and thought all was fine. So I check my phone. Sure enough my Blackberry decided to shut down. Why? Because that is what it does, it has since I received it. One minute it is functioning the next minute I cannot get the phone to come back online. Frustrating no?

So back to the AT&T store (okay, my first thought was to chuck it at the wall, but to what end?) to discover mine obviously has a "flaw". I now have a new one and hopefully my Blackberry experience will go much more smoothly and I will learn to enjoy all the many things it can do. Thank you for listening. I think I should have a brief lie down before tackling my new phone, just in case.

14 comments:

Christine said...

Here is to Blackberry happiness for you!! Let's hope this one is better!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Glad you got a new one, hopefully it behaves ;)

The Downs Gang said...

What do you know you just made a friend who's hubby is a store manager for ATT.....lol

Ky said...

You do know that Bill Gates did not graduate from college? *smile*
Glad you got your Blackberry fixed. Technology can be a wonderful thing and an evil blessing.

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Technology is supposed to make your life easier...but more often than not, makes it more difficult! Glad you found out it wasn't user error and was a defective phone instead! ;)

blueviolet said...

I hope this one is going to be your dream gadget! I haven't even been willing to move into the world of texting. Eventually, I'll give in. The rest of the fam has it, just not me.

The Muse said...

Ii am doing a Muse Happy Dance LOL...
GOOD for you !

Naomi said...

maybe you need an iPhone instead!

Ann said...

ARGH!
A brief lie down is a wonderful idea. :->

mannequin said...

See? It wasn't you.
I'm sure you're going to love the new one! It figures though, sounds like me, if there is one defective unit in a hundred, I somehow manage to pick it out.

Tanyetta said...

I love my BB!!!

My relationship with AT&T coverage in this area? Uhhh not so much :(

Shauna said...

What a great blog you have here! ♥ Hugs :)

namaste said...

Oh see, great! It's not you... It's that stupid blackberry! But yet, it made you doubt yourself. Now, never do that again! Next time, just chuck it at the wall like you planned... lol!

Tami said...

Everyone at work has a
"CRACK"BERRY. Funny when they ring or vibrate, everyone reaches.

Good luck!

I like my EnV phone. Crackberries intimidate me LOL