My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

15 January 2009

A Life Well Read

I am surrounded by books. This not a bad thing at all, rather I adore books. I enjoy the feel of a new book and they way it smells. I enjoy how each one looks so different from the other. Just thinking about being in a bookstore immediately relaxes me.

However, my appetite for reading is a voracious one. I have lists and lists of books and authours I want to read. Now, you may be thinking this is a good thing and you would be right, if, I kept my notes organised. However, unlike the rest of my life, my book notes are scattered everywhere. In my purse, other books, knitting bags (oh yes, I have many), car, jacket pockets, etc. Whenever, wherever I see or read about another book or authour I feel compelled to immediately write the name down. Sometimes I trick myself into thinking I will actually remember the name of the book or the authour. This rarely happens.

However there is something far worse than my appalling note keeping. I can never remember what I have read. Oh, the classics, those are in my memory forever (I hope). However everything else is a gamble. I cannot recall how many times I have check out a book only to discover I have already read it. Worse is when I actually buy a book, sit down to enjoy it, only to realise that I had read it before. Is there help for me? A way to be more organised with what I have read and what I would like to read? Thankfully there is.

There is an organisational system titled, A Life Well Read. I have a chance of winning one for myself, thanks to Kathleen's giveaway at Katydid and Kid. If you need some help remembering, head over and check it out, or enter one of her other fabulous giveaways. Personally I am crossing my fingers that Random chooses my number. I need the help.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for blogging this, and maybe it'll be the random number generator's pick, the extra entry!

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today & Laughing with me.
Come back anytime.

Sarahlcc said...

I'll have to head on over and check it out! I'm at that point of not really remembering whether or not I've actually read that Clive Cussler novel or not ~ sadness.

Sara said...

I love this idea! I am also a big reader, and always forgetting good suggestions people give me. My planner this year has a book section to write in! Now I just have to remember it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Seeryus Mama said...

OMG!! I'm the same way!! LOL, I have lists and lists of books. Being a library lady I check out about 30 a week, read what I can write down the rest. LOL...I'm never at a loss of what to read!