My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

08 January 2009

Losing a Follower / A to Z Book Challenge

I lost a follower (I do not know what I did to lose a follower, yet alas one has gone, which makes me very sad). To soothe my wounded pride I first phoned DH, who was not as sympathetic as I thought he should have been. What to do? I turned to literature and began perusing book sites. I am an avid reader and find books to be rather comforting. So, while being out and about I found a challenge I could not pass up.

This is absolutely the last book challenge I am signing up for this year, honest. This challenge has several options and I chose option C, which is to read 52 books 26 Titles A-Z and 26 Authors A-Z.


For more information on the challenge or to join in the fun, check out A to Z Challenge.


Authors
A: Atwood, Margaret The Tent
B: Burke, James Lee - Pegasus Descending
C: Cornwell, Patricia - The Book of the Dead
D: Dante - The Inferno
E:
F: Franklin, Ariana- Mistress In the Art of Death
G: Goyer, Tricia - Sunflower Serenade
H: Higginbotham, Susan - Hugh & Bess *TBR
I:
J: Jackson,Joshilyn - The Girl Who Stopped Swimming
K: Keener, Rachel- The Killing Tree
L: Lippman, Laura- Life Sentences
M: Moran, Michelle - Nefertiti *TBR
N: Nafisi, Azar - Things I Have Been Silent About
O: O'Farrell, Maggie -The Vanishing Act
P: Phillips, Marie - God's Behaving Badly
Q: Qanta, Ahmed - In the Land of Invisible Women
R: Rachlin, Nahid - Persian Girls
S: See, Lisa - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
T: Tiemann, Amy -Mojo Mom
U: Umrigar, Thrity - The Space Between Us
V:
W: Watson, Jules - The Swan Maiden *TBR
X:
Y:
Z:

Book Titles:
A: A World I never Made by James LePore
B: BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker *TBR
C: Careless In Red by Elizabeth George
D: Daniel X by James Patterson
E: Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton
F: Fossil Hunter by John B. Olson
G:
H: The Household Guide to Dying by Debra Adelaide
I: Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali *TBR
J:
K: The Keepsake by Tess Gerritesen *TBR
L: Lipstick Jihad by Azadeh Moaveni
M: The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
N: Notes From the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
O: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
P: Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat
Q: Quicksand by Iris Johansen
R: Royal Blood by Rona Sharon
S: Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
T: Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
U: The Ultimate Gift by Rene Gutteridge
V: The Virgin Queen's Daughter by Ella March Chase
W: Winter In Madrid by C.J. Sansom
X:
Y:
Z:

I will continue to add books as I read them and/or acquire them.

12 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

That's a fun little challenge! Sorry you lost a reader, I just thing that's bad form...but don't let it get you down =)

Chris said...

This is an interesting book challenge. Good luck with it.
I am sorry you lost a follower.

mannequin said...

How on earth are you going to read all those books?
I have trouble sitting still long enough to get through 15 pages. The only time I can read without sleeping is in the bathtub. This doesn't work too well for the Library Book Challenge I've signed up for. All my books are water damaged.

Brittany said...

Yes read away! Then give me some info on what I should read!!!!

angie said...

Jennifer.......is it legal to look as great as you do? I love your new profile picture. I've been meaning to tell you that.

I think for L you should read something by Lois Lowry like the Giver.

For C, Gracling by Kristin Croshore is great.

How do you feel about YA fiction?

Great challenge. I think I'm going to hop on this bandwagon for sure.

VeRonda said...

Sorry about your losing a follower... But, see, I came to check you out. So, peeps come and go. Happy reading...

The Muse said...

Im not sure how blogger has managed to wipe me off your bloggers follow list...but im still here!

EEE ghads I hope this angst is not from me :(

Lolli said...

What a great reading challenge! I can't wait to see your list when it's filled in more. As for the follower lost, don't take it personally. I've lost a few of my friends from real life who don't stop by my blog anymore, simply because they chose not to spend time reading blogs anymore. You never know why someone stops reading. :)

The Barnharts said...

i hate that pesky stop following button!

Joelle said...

Good luck!!!

Hannah Furst said...

I recently saw your post about reading Irène Némirovsky's Suite Française. I wanted to pass along some information on an exciting new exhibition about Némirovsky's life, work, and legacy at the Museum of Jewish Heritage —A Living Memorial to the Holocaust in New York City. Woman of Letters: Irène Némirovsky and Suite Française, which will run through the middle of March, will include powerful rare artifacts — the actual handwritten manuscript for Suite Française, the valise in which it was found, and many personal papers and family photos. The majority of these documents and artifacts have never been outside of France. For fans of her work, this exhibition is an opportunity to really “get to know” Irene. And for those who can’t visit, there will be a special website that will live on the Museum’s site www.mjhnyc.org/irene

The Museum will host several public programs over the course of the exhibition’s run that will put Némirovsky’s work and life into historical and literary context. Book clubs and groups are invited to the Museum for tours and discussions in the exhibition’s adjacent Salon (by appointment). It is the Museum’s hope that the exhibit will engage visitors and promote dialogue about this extraordinary writer and the complex time in which she lived and died. To book a group tour, please contact Tracy Bradshaw at 646.437.4304 or tbradshaw@mjhnyc.org. Please visit our website at www.mjhnyc.org for up-to-date information about upcoming public programs or to join our e-bulletin list.

Thanks for sharing this info with your readers. If you need any more, please do not hesitate to contact me at hfurst@mjhnyc.org

Kathleen said...

What a great challenge! I'd be afraid of not filling in all the blanks, since I haven't read an entire book since I was pregnant. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.

Come over and enter my giveaway, since it's so appropriate for this post. It's for A Life Well Read home library cataloger, or something like that (hard to explain).
http://katydidandkid.blogspot.com/2009/01/reviewgiveaway-life-well-read.html

I know you'll stop by though soon!