My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 January 2009

Quotable Sunday #3

For today's Quotable Sunday I am devoting this Sunday to my favourite theoretical physicist, Richard Feynman (1918-1988). Any guesses to which is my favourite Feynman quote?

" The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

"I was born not knowing and have only had a little time to change that here and there."

"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?"

"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which 'are' there."

"When things are going well, something will go wrong.
When things just can't get any worse, they will.
Anytime things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.
"

"I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb."

"I believe that a scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy."

"There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the work. The trouble with computers is that you 'play' with them!"


To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

12 comments:

The Downs Gang said...

I like this one!!

I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb

Lolli said...

Haha! I like the one that ends....I think I must have missed something.

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Great quote choices! My favorite is this one too: "I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb" :)

Brittany said...

I'm with everyone else, Love the 'I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb' quote!

Chris said...

I'm going to break away from the pack. I liked them all but my favorite was this one:
"I was born not knowing and have only had a little time to change that here and there."

Minxy Mimi said...

I really love this one:
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?"

I think its very telling.

3boyzmom said...

Great quotes!! My favorite is the very first one...it is so true!! We are usually our own worst enemy, and we fool ourselves more than others ever could!! So true:)

~~gail~~mooselovingmamabear said...

Another fan of the 'I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb' quote! LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog...

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Well, I don't mean to be unoriginal but I'm another fan of the, "...I'm dumb" quote. It's a quote to live by to be sure I don't become arrogant. :)

The Muse said...

These are great!
thanks for sharing them...i know a few peeps i can pass them on to! LOL

Toni said...

I love the first one so very much, those are great quotes, thanks for participating :)

Lilith Silvermane said...

"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?"

Great quotes! Very true, I feel the same way about love!