My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 January 2009

Quotable Sunday

For today's Quotable Sunday I chose my New Year's Resolution as a topic. The quotes today are all about self esteem since I am working on learning to love myself the way I am. My hope is one of these quotes will inspire at least one person.

The first and the last quotes really speak to me and are actually painful for me to read.

"If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself."
-Barbara De Angeli

"Respect yourself if you would have others respect you."
-Baltasar Gracian

"Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. The difference between low self-esteem and high self-esteem is the difference between passivity and action, between failure and success."
-Nathaniel Branden

"You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with."
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Having a low opinion of yourself is not "modesty". It's self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not "egotism". It's a necessary precondition to happiness and success."
Bobbe Sommer


To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

4 comments:

Elftea said...

You have a gift at www.elftea.com

Toni said...

I absolutely love all of your quotes, especially you can't be lonely if you like the one you are always with! Thanks for joining in Quotable Sunday

Lilith Silvermane said...

I love the Dr. Dryer one. That is wonderful! So very true!!!

Well done!

Christine @ Live Laugh Love and Bloggings said...

You gave me a lot to think about. I loved all of your quotes.
Thank you so much for sharing! :)