My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 January 2009

Quotable Sunday

For today's Quotable Sunday I decided to focus all the quotes on friendship. Often friendship is taken for granted, as happens in all relationships, yet it need not be. Hopefully someone will be inspired by one of the following quotes. My favourite quote is the one by Saint Jerome.

"Too late we learn, a man must hold his friend
Unjudged, accepted, trusted to the end."

- John Boyle O'Reilly

"Friendship needs no words..."
- Dag Hammarskjold.

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."
- Aristotle

"Friendship, said Christopher Robin, is a very comforting thing to have."
-A.A. Milne

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
"
- Albert Camus

"The friendship that can cease has never been real."
- Saint Jerome

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

"And Pooh said to Piglet "Life is so much friendlier with two."
-A.A.Miline


To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

18 comments:

Chris said...

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus
This one is my favorite. But they are all words to live by.

3boyzmom said...

Great quotes!! True friends are hard to come by, but everyone needs at least one true friend!! I love the A.A.Milne quotes the best!!

Kathleen said...

I love the quote by Camus, which seems uncharacteristically like Camus. I really treasure the few good friends that I have, including my blog ones like you!

Brittany said...

I too love the quote by Camus. One of my favorite all time! Great quotes as always from you my lovely!

Anji said...

I love the quotes, friendship is such a special blessing!

Minxy Mimi said...

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

This quote is so true, its not needed but it makes life worth living!
Thanks!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

All great quotes! I have a soft spot for Pooh though.

Tami said...

All of them are great. My favorite is


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

Great post!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I think the pooh and piglet quote is adorable! But, I'd have to say, my fave quote is:
"The friendship that can cease has never been real."
- Saint Jerome
Wow and Amen. That's very, very true.
Happy Sunday to ya!

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Excellent quote choices...and all so true! My favorite is the Saint Jerome one... A friend of mine once told me that 'You can count the number of TRUE friends in your lifetime on ONE hand.' Thanks for sharing such great quotes! :)

momof3crazykids said...

Oh love those quotes. I like the Pooh and piglet one and the Albert Camus.

Karen S said...

Wonderful quotes! And delightful topic! We must cherish our friends indeed. Thank you for being mine!

blueviolet said...

I always liked that quote by Camus. It's definitely my favorite. Nice choices!

mannequin said...

Quite thought provoking. I like the C.S. Lewis, naturally.
hhmm... thank you!

rmgales said...

Love your quotes. A friend is like a rare book.

Not participating in Quotable Sunday this week, but I did do a review on my first book for 2009. Please stop by.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I like the Camus quote but my favorite is the AA Milne because I love Pooh and especially Piglet!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

OGLADI said...

Love the C.S. Lewis comment at the bottom. Also LOVE your page design. Can you help me with mine?!
Amy

JAN'S PLACE said...

Good quotes.. love the mix!

think I will have to choose CS Lewis too!