My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

12 January 2009

Snow Storm or No Snow Storm?

Alrighty it is once again time to play "Snow Storm or No Snow Storm." Let me clarify one thing upfront. Here a "snow storm" can actually consist of only 1-2 inches of snow and there is usually some ice involved. The city slowly shuts down. The "s" word instills fear in the people all round me. This was, and still is, an odd concept to grasp as DH and I hail from states that see a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures, we are hardy.

So will the "snow storm" dump snow on my home creating a snow day? (yes, that small amount would cancel almost everything) Or will it be a gigantic let down like the previous "snow storm"? My email and blackberry have been alerting me all day of the impending "snow storm". Now, I ask you, do I phone DH at the lab and ask him sweetly (he has no clue about the impending storm) to stop at the grocery?

Why, you ask, is this a big deal? Normally it would not be. However when the "s" word is uttered everyone but my sweet husband (who has been playing chemist all day) believes there is a "snow storm" coming and they are all on their way to the grocery stores and video stores, just like last time. So, it would be sort of mean of me to tell him to pick up a few things considering he has had a long day at work. However, if I do not send him into the nightmare that will be, if it is not already, the grocery store, and the "snow storm" does arrive, we will be low on food and toilet paper. Now as a good mother I must make certain I have enough food on hand right? So I am totally justified in ringing up DH's office, right?

Thanks, I needed the back-up.

11 comments:

Jolly Mom said...

I say CALL! And, I wish we had snow storms in GA! Can't remember the last time we even had flurries-LOL.

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Absolutely call, I think its completely justified. We have over a foot of snow right now and even though I've lived in the snow all of my life and have dealt with way more snow than this, I'll use any excuse to get the hubby to the grocery store while I read a book on the couch under a blanket. Keep warm and thanks for stopping by!

Leslie said...

I have no idea what a snow storm is or looks like.....been living in Texas for the past 10 years ;)

Chris said...

Be prepared. That's what I think. And the bonus is that if there is no snow storm you won't have to go to the store yourself. ;-)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Call...if our newstations can cut out regular programming for 12 stinkin hours to cover the snow fall {not even a storm}, I think you can call him ;)

Tiffany said...

That's how snowstorms are around here too, and then we often get nothing.

Tess said...

Best to be prepared. I got caught in the storm going to the store today-stock up!

Tranquil Places said...

I would say call. You and the kids will be happy you did if it is a big snow storm. Okay, so not to make you feel bad, but today in the SF Bay Area...72 degrees! That is just plain wrong for January. Best of luck with your SS

Kathleen said...

I'd probably call him, since often a storm brings just ice too.

I hate when they drum up a horrific storm (always on the day when I do my regular grocery shopping) and there's nothing on the shelves. It's not like we've ever been snowed in for more than a day. And most of the time the weather people are wrong, except of course for the surprise storms that bring 10 inches. If I had more time and less talent, I'd keep a log of the forecasts and see how often they are actually right. I'll start doing that after I unplug every appliance in the house (wink wink).

April said...

Last year we had a very smallish snowfall here in Mississippi...the grocery store and Wal-Mart were jam packed full of folks buying gallons of distilled water...I'm not sure...maybe that's what you are supposed to do if a storm is coming! Go ahead...call!

blueviolet said...

Better safe than sorry...at the very least he can bring some things home with him.