My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 January 2009

So Much For Our "Huge" Storm

Yesterday I mentioned how our area was bracing for a huge snow storm. My computer and cell phone have received nothing but warnings and alerts for two days. Grocery stores and video rentals were packed with shoppers stocking up, preparing to be snowed in for the weekend. I thought I would share some pictures of the "snow" storm.



The car sat out all night and as you can see, besides me needing a new driveway, the lack of any snow or ice on the car.



This picture shows the snow accumulation. However, as I type, it is raining, which means the snow is melting rapidly.

So much for being snowed in all weekend and I was really hoping we would be.

13 comments:

sharonanne said...

Hmmm. I have had my shades closed for hours because I can't stand to look at the storm. Perhaps we have lucked out too. I'm gonna go check. Wish me luck.

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

We had tons of storm warnings here, too - schools canceled events for today, panicked people swarmed all over the local grocery store to stock up...and we've gotten nothing...nada! I take that back - it started to sleet for about a minute a little while ago, but it stopped...and the birds are back out chirping again! My Little Princess is oh-so-disappointed (well, so is her mommy!) because we were actually looking forward to some really good snow! :)

blueviolet said...

You didn't get it because WE did. We got 12" last night and it's still coming down. Your area always seems to miss the big snows but you get a lot of humidity in the summer. =:O

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

How funny. There's always next weekend,right? ;)

onangelwings said...

We had that there would be loads of snow and everyone was canceling things for today, yesterday (my dentist, the library, etc). We have had snow since 10:30 a.m. and it is still going strong. I would prefer what you have actually.

Thanks for visiting my camera critters.

Tami said...

I wish we had a tad of old man winter. I'm in Southern California, it's 72 and windy =( I'd love to have a tad of snow, or even s storm.

Tess said...

I didn't even know we were supposed to get snow and I did wake up to snow covered everything!

mannequin said...

Yeah, Same warnings here and we got 30 minutes of sleet.
We have not had a good healthy snow so far this year and it's driving me bonkers.

The Muse said...

ah man...i had earmuffs gloves...the whole deal...what a let down LOL

Lady Lynn's Boutique said...

I think we may escape and drive north just to see some snow this year. It's more fun being snowed in at home!

Chris said...

Looks similar to our big storm. It was an actual Blizzard but only for about an hour. The wind blew so hard and it snowed like mad and then it was over and we barely had any snow. I;m not complaining though.

Kathleen said...

It was the same for us, although we got a few inches. It was all so powdery that it was very easy to shovel though. And they kept saying that we would be getting hit hard, but this is nothing compared to some storms.

Kristy said...

Yeah..some storm...lol!