My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

06 January 2009

Totally Talented Tuesday #2

It is time once again for Totally Talented Tuesday!



Today I am displaying a sweater I made for my MIL. The original pattern is Refined Raglan by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark, however I altered it quite a bit, that is the way I knit. The pattern can be found in Interweave Knits Winter 2006 Issue, which is such a wonderful issue, I still have sweaters to knit from it. The yarn, for you knitters out there, is from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions. I choose to use Zitron's Ecco and the sweater turned out lovely and fit my MIL perfectly.




Please visit Two of A Kind Working On A Full House to join in the fun!

13 comments:

April said...

You are a very talented knitter!!! I really want to learn how...I purchased a book but could not get it from reading a book...I need to watch someone actually knitting! Any suggestions? There is a fabulous shop called the Knotty Knitter about an hour from my hometown so I may try to get in a class there.

Abby said...

Wow! Great work. I don't know if I could ever stick with a project long enough to knit a sweater. Also, I am a pretty slow knitter so that doesn't help. Very pretty!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Beautimous! What a lucky mother in law!

Dee said...

I'm so jealous of all your talent! It looks great! I bet she loves it!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

what a talent! its beautiful!

Mommy Mia said...

I wish I was talented. My mom and my 2 older sisters knit, crochet, sew and all that good stuff. My other sister is crafty to. I am just now trying to figure out a pattern to make some reusable grocery bags. I love the sweater!!

Mel Fraase said...

Awesome sweater. I hope to some day be good at knitting. I've been given needles and a ball of yarn, I have 1/2 a washcloth made, each row a different count...ugh. Some day!!

Felicia said...

you truly are super talented!! That is awesome! Have you ever joined us for Make Something Mondays? you should!

blueviolet said...

And that's a very pretty sweater that you made. I'm sure that your MIL couldn't help but love it!

Chris said...

That is awesome. I'm not crafty enough to do something like that.

Erin Tales said...

Awesome job! I wish I had your talent.

And thank you for sharing your story at the Mom Buzz. :HUGS: I am glad it ended the way it did!

Kathleen said...

That is gorgeous! The color is beautiful and from what I can see, that pattern is lovely too. I really like Interweave Knits, and I sadly just let my subscription run out since I haven't had much time to knit anything from it. I intend to subscribe again one day. They have the best patterns.

shopannies said...

That is really talented and I believe you must have lots of talent. My grandmother loved to knit and crochet