My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

01 January 2009

Welcome 2009 and A look Back At '08

As I welcome in the New Year, I decided to look back and reflect on the previous year, thanks to Mama's Losin' It and her writing prompts.



10. My SIL was able to move into her own apartment. The twins miss here living here, but it was for the best. She has since moved to another state, which made us all sad, yet everything happens for a reason.

9. Our house remodeling/decorating advanced further than I anticipated, including new baseboards and inside doors.

8. My oldest learned to drive!

7. My bathroom was completely remodeled, and this was sorely needed.

6. We de-cluttered the entire house and found numerous items we were not using or wearing that were perfectly acceptable to donate.

5. Making new blogland friends.

4. I was able to read more books than I can recall, which reminds me I need to start keeping a list.

3. We donated more to charities than in the previous years and I am about to look into increasing our donations in 2009. This is trickier than it sounds. There are so many charities I am passionate about, selecting from my list really will take a large part of the day.

2. We were fortunate to have not only have my in-laws visit over Christmas, but also to share with them in celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

1. I did not have a stroke in 2008!!! YAY me!


May you and yours have a happy and healthy New Year!

8 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Congrats on no stroke. Me neither.

;-)

Happy New Year!!
Jay

PS...do you know that your word verification is on? You can easily turn it off...
I wrote about how to do it here...

Tiff said...

Happy New Year, Jenn!
xoxoxox, Tiff

blueviolet said...

Happy New Year! There were a lot of changes for you this year! I can't wait to see what's in store for 2009!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Looks like 2008 was a great year for you! Here's to 2009 being even better!

Felicia said...

It sounds like you had a super productive 2008! I hope you have a blessed 2009!

Thank you for donating to Hydration for All! I think it is such a wonderful charity.. and so reachable.. I mean.. a dollar helps one person for a year! That's awesome!

Minxy Mimi said...

Sounds like you had a fulfilling year! Good for you for donating... every little bit helps!

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a very productive 2008...I look forward to seeing how 2009 goes for you - and please, no stroke! ;)

Mama Kat said...

Sounds like your year was pretty productive!

Here's hoping you NEVER have a stroke!!