My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

14 January 2009

Wordful Wednesday DH Style

Today's Wordful Wednesday is guest blogged by my DH. I would love to tell all of you how thrilled he is, but that would be a lie.

I found these photos on my computer. For the record, I am very anal and I cannot tolerate clutter, so our home is very clean and organised.

Please welcome my husband and let him give you a guided tour of part of his world.


The photo above shows my bench where I do my own amateur electronics to support the research in my lab. I'm not one for organization when it comes to getting things done - who has time to clean up?


A larger view of my laboratory shows that my organizational philosophy applies to the entire lab. In my defense, others working in the lab are responsible for the appearance of surfaces outside of the electronics table. Do the disorganized attract the disorganized?


If we focus on one small part of the lab, the atomic force microscope shown above, it looks relatively orderly. We use this microscope to image solid surfaces at the atomic level in case you were wondering. Where the rest of the world sees a mess, we see atoms!

Thank you DH for being my guest blogger. Hopefully everyone enjoyed getting a small look into your life.

To view other Wordful Wednesday blogs head over to 7 Clown Circus the host of Wordful Wednesdays.

23 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing "your part of the world". Hmmm I wouldn't know mess from atoms, but I am sure glad someone does! :) (Science was never one of my strong suits!)

Welcome aboard guest blogger! Hope we see more of ya!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

What a cool inside look at his lab!

Happy W/W!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh how funny is that!

You won a giveaway on my site. Come see!

Tiff said...

Love it! Please come back and blog again, even if Jen is kicking and screaming the whole time! lol

blueviolet said...

Some people just work better in chaos, I guess! What a fun peek into his world. :)

Brittany said...

Love it! "What has time to clean up" Thanks to you DH for doing a Wordful Wednesday! He did great!

mannequin said...

I love it! Ewww... I'd love to get my hands in all that STUFF. Just look at all those wires; my little heart is just 'aflutterin.

Dee said...

Aww...its fun to see his world too!

Brenda said...

That was fun! I am sure they never see any mess looking through those microscopes!

I have a husband like that too!

angie said...

I think that if my view of the world was at the atomic level most of the day, I'd have clutter too........I think. :)

Great guest post!

Finleypotamus said...

I can relate to the your organizational plan. lol

Queen Allison said...

I would have the habit to clean up the mess lol.

Thanks for sharing!

Jolly Mom said...

In my house, I'm the disorganized mess-LOL. My hubby is Mr. Organization Everything MUST Have a Place Man!

Staci said...

That's great! There's no way I could function in that much disorganization!

Hootin' Anni said...

I call my own husband OBSESSIVE!!! He even folds his socks when he takes them off. Oh my....

My Wordful is posted. I do hope you can stop by today. Happy Wednesday.

Susie said...

He sounds like my husband:-)

Kathleen said...

Your guest blogger was very interesting, but very messy too! :)

I couldn't work like that, but to each his own. I know some friends and my brother can't stand when their stuff is tidy. It's like their creativity disappears.

Hope the hubby comes back again as a guest!

newlyweds said...

Neat pictures! And hopefully he enjoyed the blogging, just a little bit. I don't think I could talk my hubby into it, but you have given me hope.

Felicia said...

Wow.. i've entered world "brainy" LOL!!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

HA - I am sure my hubs desk looks like that - sadly I have never seen it - I am not allowed in his bldg

From A Creative Heart said...

Watch out Steve or Jen is going to add blogging to your to do list!!! And then who will I draft for my Lost watching partner????
LOL

Good job!!!
Hugs,
Deb

CanCan (MomMostTraveled) said...

Wow, so this is what science minded people are capable of doing. I wonder what it is like to be one of those...

jamaise said...

Very cool & smart :))