My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

21 January 2009

Wordful Wednesday

Once again it is time for Wordful Wednesday! I got to talking with fellow Extraordinary Mom Bloggers and we were discussing where we lived. That got me thinking of WW and what photos I would use this week. This lead to me digging through boxes of photos (when it comes to my photos, they are not organised) and I got lost taking a walk down memory lane before finding the pictures I was looking for (I knew I had them somewhere).

When DH took a position as a Post-Doctoral Student, we moved to the beautiful state of Wyoming. We lived there for 6 years wonderful years before he took a permanent job in another state. Needless to say, I miss my mountains. Alright, I did not own the mountains, but they were so close and made for a gorgeous view from my home.



Here is a picture of my oldest when he was much, much, much younger (about 6 years old at the time) with his older cousin ( 10 at the time, now an adult) in the Snowy Mountains. Yes, time does indeed fly. In the blink of an eye they are grown.




Again, my oldest and his older cousin climbing the rocks along a hike in the Snowy Mountains. I miss these mountains. Sadly, my twins do not recall much about the mountains at all. I would very much like to go back. The sky in Wyoming is a colour of blue I have never seen again.

To view other Wordful Wednesday blogs head over to 7 Clown Circus the host of Wordful Wednesdays.

30 comments:

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

so are you FROM wyoming or living in Wyoming?

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Awww, great pictures! I miss seeing mountains in the distance, too - moved from Seattle to Pennsylvania...what they call 'mountains' out here, we refer to as 'mole hills' out there! LOL!!!

blueviolet said...

You're right! That was beautiful country out there. I see why you miss it.

Brenda said...

Wyoming is a wonderful place, its just the snow. . .

Lady Lynn's Boutique said...

Awesome photos! So beautiful there!

Felicia said...

Those are extraordinary photos! I'll have to visit!

Hootin' Anni said...

Great photos. I grew up in Colorado and have been to Wyoming many times...the high altitude makes the sky bluer. I think. LOL

Come on over...today I'm taking y'all on a tour of the Texas State Aquarium via photos!!!! See ya later alligator...Oops, I let the 'cat out of the bag'...Yep, there are alligators. One photo anyway.

Happy Wednesday.

Dee said...

wow! Those are great!

From A Creative Heart said...

Yeah....and I remember several phone calls about "Why-o-why Wyoming"....LOL

Hugs,
Deb

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I call the NC mountains 'my' mountains too! They do belong to me in a weird non possessive way!

Abby said...

Beautiful!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

If those photos do the Wyoming sky its true justice, I'd miss it too... I've never been to Wyoming. I so want to take a big road trip in a few years when Charlie's a little older and just go state to state. Ahhh!

pam said...

What a beautiful view from your window. I am sure you miss it.

CanCan (MomMostTraveled) said...

I love these pictures! So gorgeous.
I'm not very mountain savvy, can I call those big rocks "crags" if I want?

Lolli said...

I know what you mean about missing the mountains. I'm a Western girl living in Maryland. Nothing "above" here except for lots of trees.

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

Wow, Wyoming is pretty!

OGLADI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Beautiful photos! My girls have not seen many real mountains...I need to take them out west!

OGLADI said...

Love the rock in the middle of the field (geologist)...kids are cute too ;)

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

So beautiful!

angie said...

WOW, where you lived in Wyoming is beautiful......

Staci said...

What a beautiful area! I can see why you would miss it!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

OMG-gorgeous! Wishing Wyoming wasn't so far away- hubby would love to camp in mountains like that (maybe, glad Wyoming is that far away after all LOL)

The Muse said...

Im with you on both counts:
LOVING the mountains!
and
WONDERING where the time goes!

Kathleen said...

Wow, so beautiful! I'd miss those mountains too. Hopefully you can go back to visit someday.

lifeglutenfree said...

beautiful!

Aubrey said...

Lovely pix! The part of WY we have to drive through to go back home is not even close to being that pretty!
We are in CO and let me tell you, the views of the mountains are gorgeous!

Naomi said...

Amazing landscape. I've never been but we have some friends who moved to MT a few years ago to set up a clay studio and we've been wanting to visit. Maybe this summer?

Cascia said...

Beautiful photos. The mountains sure are beautiful too.

Kristie said...

Wow! It truly is beautiful out there!