My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

13 February 2009

Focus Friday-Week Six

Ellen at Thrifty & Chic Mom has come up with Focus Friday, where we choose one thing we focus on for that week.

Focus Friday


Success! Finally, I completed last week's challenge.

My challenge this week is all about my attitude. As some of you know, I went in for semi-urgent dental care yesterday. I left with two replaced fillings and when the Novocain wore off, a good amount of discomfort and jaw pain. That was only phase one. Sadly, I head back next Thursday morning to be put under for about 3 hours so they can extract 4 Wisdom teeth, place a temporary crown on a tooth, and fix the front teeth I have ground down due to clenching from chronic pain (yeah, it is weird, I expect nothing less from me). This is where the challenge comes in. I have a very negative attitude about this. I am worried something will go horribly wrong while I am out (things like leaving my children motherless). So, I have under a week to find a more positive outlook about the actual procedures. I expect to not enjoy the recovery. Right now I need to focus on feeling confident there will be a recovery. Yes, I am a mess. If you are the praying type please add me. Positive thoughts, well wishes, anything is greatly appreciated as I am prone to anxiety under good situations.

If you need to focus on specific areas in your life, head over to Thrifty & Chic Momand join in on Focus Friday

10 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Yay! Good for you :)

Everything will be fine, have faith my dear. I know it is easy to worry about what could happen and the what if's...hand your worry over to someone else.

I'll keep you in my prayers in the meantime. You will be okay.

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Congrats on last weeks tasks and I will definitely be praying for you. I have major dentist issues so I completely understand. Hang in there and it will all be over soon.

Sparkette said...

Good luck, and I will say a prayer for your strength to accomplish your goal!

April said...

I will say some prayers for your healing and recovery! Just look at it this way, you are going to need to spend some time in bed, watching TV and reading....and eating lots and lots of ice cream....a mini vacation!

NateAndJakesMom said...

I am sending you warm, fuzzy positive thoughts... can you feel it?
You'll do great, all will be fine! I promise. :)

Sarahlcc♥ said...

You will be fine ~ keep up that positive thinking! Maybe you could think up a nice line you can recite over and over in your head when the negative thoughts come?

collyn23 said...

you've won a award here http://beautifulangelzz.blogspot.com/2009/02/yay-another-award.html

blueviolet said...

Congrats on finishing last week's tasks and it WILL be fine for next week. It's normal to worry but don't make yourself sick over it. Everything you're having done is routine to the doctors.

Angela said...

You are going to be okay. I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled about 20 years ago and I wanted to be awake with just novacaine. Took less than an hour. Lots of blood and spit for a bit afterwards. But I went to the pharmacist and got my script filled and popped a pill before the novacaine wore off. Wasn't too bad really.

But I will be praying your. Go in with a possitive attitude.

LT said...

Prayers and positive thought coming your way from me too! It must be a dentist year, I have 2 intensive treatments coming up too but not quite as much. You can get that positive out look done this week, it will be o.k. Let us know how it goes!