My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

05 February 2009

Guilt/Writer's Prompt Part II



I am feeling guilty for not participating in the Writer's prompt. I know my family did do all the prompts, but it was under duress. So here are the top 10 things that were on my mind this past week, in no order.

1) How could I have deleted such an important email? I cannot retrieve it, should I phone the company? I do not know whom to ask for, it was in the email.

2) What classes should the twins take this fall? I know it sounds simple, yet one wrong choice and the school places them on another "pathway". The honors diploma has different rules.

3) How many apples can one eat in a day before it becomes too many?

4) I should not type medicated, but then I would never be online.

5) I cannot believe what I thought was spam was actual letters from colleges trying to recruit my son. Yes, I deleted them and I do not recall the colleges that sent them! It has been a l-o-n-g time since I was in college and computers were not used to recruit. So, have I ruined some of his chances?

6) Do I have enough pain medication to get through Monday or should I schedule an appointment (this one is always tricky).

7) Will the twins be safe next week as the travel to spend a week with my parents?

8) The life of a pampered cat does not seem to be all that bad.

9) Why am I the only one in the house who notices clutter?

10) Based on last night, it looks as though once again, I will not win mom of the year.

Now that I am no longer wracked with guilt and all are in school, I need to have a lie down.

To see more writing prompts and read what others are writing about visit Mama's Losin' It.

7 comments:

The Jillybean said...

Ok, here is what you need to do about the recruitment e-mail that has been deleted (I am the parent of a senior and ummm, well, you are not alone)Call the college and ask for the Dean's office (you will get the secretary) Once you get her ask her who is in charge of recruitment for a.) academics b.)sports c.) whatever else. Once you know who is in charge of recruiting for that specific area you can then ask to speak to them. Explain what happened and ask can they re-send you the e-mail. If anything like our experience they will happily do so and tell you that you are by no means the only parent that has deleted it.

namaste said...

Everything is going to be fine. I'm just so sorry you don't feel well. You shouldn't have felt bad about having your family answer that post; it was fun to see their responses.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

That list makes me tense up! I hope you can fix the email situation, looks like the 1st commenter has a great suggestion.

Some days I'd love to trade with one of the cats. ;) Bask in the sun light. Chase the other cat around. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Sleep. Purr. So simple!

Deb said...

That's a heavy list. I hope you get that moment of peace and nap. Sometimes rest is the biggest gift we can give ourselves. There is always so much to do, follow-up on and fix...

I'm on board with the cat thing :)

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Oh, I so feel ya!

Call all the colleges he applied to. All of them.

Sleep.

Smile, this too shall pass.

Amanda said...

I am sure the college emails will be alright. If its anything like college recruitment mail, it very well could have been generic emails. hopefully!

I think 2 apples a day is okay. It depends on the size!

blueviolet said...

How did I miss this post? The kids are gonna be fine on their trip! Don't you worry about a thing. Your parents will take great care of them and the boys are gonna have so much fun.

I remember the class selection issue. My kids had AP classes in our high school that they took. There's a lot of pressure on kids to follow that route because colleges look at curriculum strength when deciding between applicants. Fortunately, the AP classes are now weighted so it makes it more worthwhile for them to take them. Good luck with all of that!