My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

25 February 2009

He Loves It, She Hates It (WW)

I have been informed it is time for Wordful Wednesday!

Jen foolishly let me hijack her blog again, so beware. We are fortunate to live near one of the best museums in the country: The US Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. When we moved here, I was excited to take the family to it even before we had fully unpacked from the move. Jen was less than excited (needless to say), but humored me as she does about once in every 3-5 years. Imagine how wonderful many guys would find this museum that takes easily 2 days to completely view and is absolutely FREE! This was a dream come true. Anyway, a few of my favorite exhibits can be found in the "Modern" hangar: The B-2 Stealth bomber and the F-117A Stealth fighter.




The museum keeps them in a dimly lit hangar, so it was hard to get good pictures. Or, maybe their "stealthiness" makes them hard to photograph. The two photos below show these exhibits that I think are well worth the trip to Ohio even if DW would have preferred to impale herself with her knitting needles than be at this museum. In my defense, I have not asked her to go back and she has seen the museum once to my 4-5 visits with other family and friends visiting from out of town.

Since I will probably get in trouble for posting these pictures on her beloved blog, I will throw her a bone by putting my favorite picture of her favorite princess - the cat.


Written by Jen's DH

To view other Wordful Wednesday blogs head over to 7 Clown Circus the host of Wordful Wednesdays.

17 comments:

Tim said...

Now see while I love Jen, I really enjoy a good dude post too. I would have enjoyed the museum as well.

Please let her know we are still praying for her.

Tim

Sparkette said...

Nice pictures...I was unaware what I was looking at they were so stealthy. HA :)

Hope Jen is starting to feel better!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

cool photos

Carebear said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are so cool. I'm jealous you guys got to see that up close and personal. Jen is still in my prayers and on my blog prayer list!

Jocasta said...

Cool planes!

Brenda said...

Thats great! I nice change from a lot of the other things we see on Wednesday.

Hootin' Anni said...

Living in Tucson years back, I remember one flying over our home...it was awesome...it was really low in the sky....getting ready to land at Davis-Monthan airbase.

My Wordful is about the 'twin towers' here in our city. Stop by if you can. I'd love your company.

Veronica Lee said...

My son was peeping over my shoulder and he went crazy when he saw the pictures. He loves planes and his favourites are the B-52 startofortress,f-117 nighthawk and the f-22raptor.

blueviolet said...

You've been posting so much that I think it's nearly time for you to start a blog of your own!

One Anxious Mommy said...

I agree with blueviolet. As I was reading the post I was wondering how Jennifer was going to feel about it - then I saw the picture of the cat, so I'm sure she is going to love this one! ;-)

mannequin said...

That's man stuff. Where's Jennifer?

But the kitty makes it all worthwhile. Smart man.

angie said...

I'm glad you hijacked again. I always love "hearing" the voice of others close to bloggers I admire.

Plus, you really made me laugh about the impaling on the knitting needles.

I LOVE museums. Especially free ones.

Nina said...

I am with Jennifer... I hate going their. Probably been a dozen times in my life but I do hate going. My husband keeps saying we need to take our oldest son. I think he can take him and I will stay home.

Honeslty it is a cool place to see but it takes for ever to get through.

Kim said...

Those museums are okay... I am kind of used to them because both of my parents worked for Boeing and I got see them when they hosted family days and stuff. I am more of a girl's girl and planes or bombers I should say don't really "do it" for me. But I think that it is really cool that you post for Jen, my hubby would never do that for me! I hope she feels better soon.

LaTonya Yvette said...

Lovin the plane. Cool pictures

Julie@Cool Mom Guide said...

I LOVE those pictures. Especially the last one :)

Everydaywoman said...

Too cute!

Jen is very brave; I would never consider letting my DH "hijack" my blog!

You're a wonderful writer, tongue-in-cheek and all . . . have you considered blogging on your own?