My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

08 February 2009

Quotable Sunday #6

For today's Quotable Sunday I have chosen to share quotes about cats. I had to add a quote from P.D. Wodehouse, since he is one of my favourite authors.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
- Mark Twain

"When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her?"
- Montaigne

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
- Anonymous

“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
- Leonardo da Vinci

"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not."
- Ernest Hemingway

“The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact.”
- P. G. Wodehouse

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer


To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni

12 comments:

Aubrey said...

I LOVED these! So many of 'em made me laugh. Oh yes. My cat fits many of these! LOL

One Anxious Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved the one about cats never forgetting they were once treated as gods! ;-)

Lori @ The Downs Gang said...

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
- Anonymous

I tend to have to agree withour beloved one who ignores us!!

Naomi said...

Piewackett is laying across my desk, purring. Of course, she jumped up and caught my knuckles with her claws, so I'm bleeding... but she seems content. Typical.

my2boyz said...

No cat here! But good quotes :)

rmgales said...

I'm not a cat lover, but I enjoyed your quotes.

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Love your quotes! Hilarious! And oh so true...just ask our cat, he'll tell you! ;)

Lilith Silvermane said...

Also not a cat lover.. however.. totally true!!

Cute quotes..

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I loved this quote:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
- Anonymous

lol..THAT is the truth. :) How funny.

Valerie(momof3crazykids) said...

I like the Ernest Hemmingway quote. So true!!

Tami said...

Makes me want to have another cat, Bella just doesn't like them, The neighbor cat I believe is a biker kitty, Bella got beat up when she was a puppy. I think she holds grudges!

Leane said...

I just had to say Thank you. I enjoyed these....especially Montaigne and Anonymous ones....they are so true...