My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

25 February 2009

Thursday is Dental Appointment #6

I had quite a heated argument today with my dentist's office. For those who do not know, I had 13 teeth worked on and 4 wisdom teeth extracted in a 4 hour time frame a week ago tomorrow. Did I mention I was supposed to be put under, rather they kept me awake? Moving forward, I developed dry sockets. Basically when the pain medicine wears off it feels as though someone has smacked me in the jaw with a baseball bat with pain radiating down my neck and up to my head. From my understanding, this is normal for dry sockets. Okay, it is normal and I am hanging in there taking my medications around the clock, which means I have not slept through the night for a week now. I phoned the office today because I realised I will be out of pain meds come my 4am medication time. They informed me I cannot have anymore and the Advil I have been taking along with my pain medication is all I really need. Excuse me? 13 teeth worked on, 4 more extracted add in the complication of dry sockets and Advil is the answer? I go in tomorrow morning to have the packing removed and replaced in the dry sockets, at which time my dentist and I need to have a rather serious talk, which of course will be rather difficult for me as I can barely speak. Wish me well.

9 comments:

Tami said...

Ooh boy, Advil? that's it?! This dentist and I need to have a little talk him and I...
Tell him you have a cousin Vinny.

I shouldn't make light of this. However those people in that office are a ..well.. ignoramuses. Okay I said it.. I'd say more, but I don't think I can say that here. No I cannot. =X

Remember it will be over soon, Just keep saying it. You're in my prayers. GET WELL!!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I'd raise hell, but I don't know what that would solve. Plus you can hardly talk so that might be an issue. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I hope you feel better soon!

Tim said...

Wow that so stinks! Still praying for you vigilantly that your pain will subside.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anji Gallanos said...

ohhhh if I could come deliver Vicoden to your door without being arrested...I would...hope you feel better. Poor Poor sockets...

yikes

anji

Barbara said...

Oh Jen, two words...NEW DENTIST! I'm sorry, I know I'm know help. I have an 8:15 dental appt today. I will be thinking of you the entire time (it will make me strong and brave).

Keeping you in my prayers. I hope those sockets heal soon!

Jenn(ifer) said...

WHAT! Are they NUTS? My goodness. I am so sorry :( I really hope you start feeling better soon.

Tiff said...

Been thinking about you a LOT but didn't want to post anything cus then that meant you would have to get on the computer to answer, when you should be in bed watching a zillion reruns of something or other.

Sorry you're having to go through all the pain and unnecessary suffering! Want me to come kick the dentist's butt for you??? I swear I'll do it.

blueviolet said...

I think you've been through enough now. They need to give you those pain meds!!! Feel better!

Deb said...

Yowwwwwwouch! Do you ever feel like there's a dragon lady working the other end of the phone?

I'd like to see you dental receptionist with 13 teeth worked on with a little bottle of advil for her pain. She needs a good does of compassion!

Good luck, hope you were successful!