My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

11 February 2009

Wordful Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! It is time for Wordful Wednesday!

The Great Excavation




This is what remained of part of my front yard as a result of bad plumbing. We have been told that our new lines are guaranteed for 200 years. Where they came up with that number, I shall never know. It took 2 years for the dirt to smooth out, grass to completely grow back and the trees to fully bounce back from the trauma.

To view other Wordful Wednesday blogs head over to 7 Clown Circus the host of Wordful Wednesdays.


16 comments:

Tami said...

I had the same thing happen at our place. My husband had just been laid off. Trauma all the way around. *I can laugh now*

Dee said...

WOW! That doesn't looks like fun!

Abby said...

Oh no!

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

200 years!!! What were they made of... titanium?

That looks horrific! So glad it's over with!

blueviolet said...

Whoa! I'm glad you've all bounced back from that mess.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Wow. 2 years to go back to normal, that's crazy.
At least you won't have to go through it again :)

namaste said...

Nice, 200 years.... who is going to verify that one!

Aubrey said...

Oh no! I had to laugh at your "200 years" comments. Really...how do they know that? LOL

One Anxious Mommy said...

Wow! I hope we never have to deal with something like that.

Sarahlcc♥ said...

Wow, that's wrong. I'm glad it grew back!

Brenda said...

Ouch! Thats not a fun experience!

angie said...

Oh man. Makes me thankful for decent plumbing. Just think....if you decide to sell....."200 year plumbing". Has a ring to it. :)

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

ag - what a mess!!!!

Deb said...

200 years? They just figure it sounds good and you all will be long gone before someone tries to make good on that one in 100 years. :) Like Erin said, good thing to know you won't have to go through that again anytime soon.

Chris said...

That stinks.
200 years, really? Interesting number.

Angela said...

Maybe they meant to say the next 20 years. 200 is a bit of a stretch. I'm surprised they didn't put sod down. Our cable company had to dig up or whole front yard years ago when the high speed was coming through. When they were done, they came back and put down new grass and it took a few months for it to look normal but I was surprised that they actually came back and did it.