My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

05 February 2009

Writer's Workshop Family Style



The Prompts:
1.) Tell us about a lie you told that you later regretted.
2.) Choose a task you'd like someone to complete and write a poem asking them to do it.
3.) Describe a talent you have.
4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.

I am not doing the greatest at the moment and my family reluctantly agreed to answer the prompts, in my place. Please keep in mind, they were all rather reluctant, especially the twins.

*Edited to add: Thank you all for reading the ramblings of my family, who were forced to write for me. As some of you know I have some okay days and then dreadful days. So far it is not good. I am lucky to string together a coherent sentence. I wanted to let everyone know I am alive and this was apparently the best my family could do for me.*

1.) Tell us about a lie you told that you later regretted.

Twin A has a confession.

I lied about not doing my homework and when my Mom found out, I regretted it.

2.) Choose a task you'd like someone to complete and write a poem asking them to do it.

My oldest is tackling this one (and being rather silly).

With the economy in shambles,
as my mom endlessly rambles,
I could deal with a loan,
I'm not one who gambles,
Nor one who buys some brambles.


3.) Describe a talent you have.

Twin B will be providing the answer to this writing prompt due to his mother not being well.

My talent is that I know a lot about places around the world. For example, you might not know that Bangladesh used to be West Pakistan. I enjoy learning about different countries. I like to study geography because of my interest in world travel, in learning about places that are different from my own surroundings and in studying different cultures.

4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.

This will be handled by my DH.

My wife's headaches
My kids' class choices for next year
Getting a proposal written
Wondering why I have not yet heard about a previously written proposal
Ignoring a parent meeting at the school
Helping one kid get his driver's license
An annoying co-worker
Finding out said annoying co-worker will be leaving for 1 year
My bald tires on my car
Taxes

To see more writing prompts and read what others are writing about visit Mama's Losin' It.

4 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Interesting!! I always like it when your family "fills in"...reluctantly or not. It's fun for us readers.

Hope you feel better soon my dear.

Lolli said...

I love the idea of having the family participate! I might just have to try that!

namaste said...

Feel better love.

Have you read the book "migraine brain". I thought it was pretty interesting and might be worth a read.

Also, did you figure out how to retrieve your "deleted" emails yet? You should be able to get them. If you need help, let me know. I'm not amazing, but I may have some ideas.

blueviolet said...

I'm sorry you're having a lousy day today and I hope you're feeling better soon! I must admit that it was very entertaining to read your family's take on the prompts though. ;)