My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

26 February 2009

Writer's Workshop


The Prompts and the answers:



1.) For your birthday a sibling has decided to have the first six months of your blog printed and bound. Write a forward for the book.

This is tricky since my real blogging is still new. However my blog was begun in January of 2006 purely as a knitting blog.

For those of you knitters, this may be mildly amusing. For all non-knitters, this is not the book for you.


2.) Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z."
(writersdigest.com)

I am choosing to skip this one. I know, I know, it is due to laziness.

3.) Start your story with, "In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea." And end it with, "And that's how I attempted to make this world a better place.
(writersdigest.com)

In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea to have all my dental work done in one visit. It has caused nothing but pain, frustration, and a deep dislike for dentistry. I have been unable to do what I usually do for over a week now and I may no longer have any pain relief options. I had hoped I would save time, money, and gas doing it all in one trip. And that's how I attempted to make this world a better place.

4.) What would the truth have done? Write about a time when honesty was NOT the best policy.
(writingfix.com)

I was taught by nuns and one nun's advise has always stuck with me, (she liked to use quotes, and this one is from Sir Walter Scott):
" Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!"


5.) What made your childhood bearable? Write about it.
(writingfix.com)

Wow, this is an amazing question, one of which I could write about for months. Please do not worry, I shall not. Rather I will keep it simple. Books and working made my childhood bearable.



To see more writing prompts and read what others are writing about visit Mama's Losin' It.

10 comments:

Tami said...

I can relate with #5, working was my out.

I can knit somewhat, if my mom was here in CA, to rip it out and start it again LOL.
I always have 1 side larger then the other. I lose a a few stitches somewhere. regardless of the counting LOL

Tim said...

I just cant believe that your blogging thru all of this. Mama Kat will be proud Im sure. I just think your crazy. LOL

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Barbara said...

Hard questions all...I'm always amazed at how you don't shy away from the tough stuff :-) You ROCK...really.

Jenners said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's...

I like the dental one ... that was a bad idea but I can see your thinking!

And books were a huge part of my childhood too!

Elftea said...

I was thinking to big picture for the prompts this week. You show that sort and to the point is good too.

Michelle said...

I could so see a nun using quotes like that. :)

Heatherlyn said...

I've had the dental work experience. And you are right, not such a great idea to get it done all at once!

Kristen said...

lol! You got to most of them. Funny, I did the A-Z poem bcause I was lazy...

Jenni Jiggety said...

I haaaate going to the dentist!

blueviolet said...

I hope it went well at the dentist today. It will get better each day.