My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

31 March 2009

Keystone Candle Review

I must be upfront, when I agreed to being part of a mega review through Extraordinary Mothers I was thrilled to be chosen (it was an honor and one I am truly thankful for) and at the same time worried I would not care for the product. Why? It is all rather simple, I am a candle snob. I love candles. If I am awake one is always burning. It finally got to the point where I was being disappointed by so many candle companies that my husband began making our candles.

Now the secret is out, I am such a candle snob and my husband makes our candles, with only one exception. So I went into this excited to be chosen (admit it, deep down we all want to be picked) and apprehensive until the candle arrived from Keystone Candles Immediately I knew I would like it, but would I love this soy candle? Little did the candle know I had high standards and a few tests for it.

Immediately I was drawn to the lovely glass container, the beautiful purple wax and the unmistakable scent of Lilac. This was at first smell no ordinary scented soy candle.

The lilac scent smelled like truly fresh cut lilacs.
I began to burn the candle and a beautifully formed melt pool formed under a lovely even burning wick.


Soon my home was filled with the scent of freshly cut lilac. Not just in the room candle was burning, but in every room of the house. This candle passed my scent, burn, and melt pool tests. All that was left was to see if this candle could repeat the same way and for several days. I am so pleased to announce that this candle blew away all my previous misgivings and burned beautifully and cleanly until the end.

I have found a new candle company. The difficulty will be in informing my husband. I am not certain he can handle the news.
Thank you Keystone Candle for allowing me to try your Lilac Scented Soy Candle and thank you to Extraordinary Mothers for allowing me this honor and forming a new addiction. Now how to explain this to my husband.

If you would like to read a review on their Lavender soy candle, please visit my friend Jennifer at Eighty MPH Mom. For a review of their Mango Spritzer visit my friend Kari at A Giveaway Addicted Mommy. For a review of their Pumpkin Souffle visit my friend Sky at Seeryus Mama.

8 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Awesome! It's always nice to find a candle company that KNOWS what is important to candle lovers. Scent, burn time, and price. Great review - thanks for sharing :)

April said...

Your husband should market his candles on your blog.....I'll buy!

Lolli said...

Great review, Jennifer! They sound like a great company!!

Tami said...

I'm a candle snob TOO! I love them. I go to this quaint little shop in Montrose, California called Bella. I usually pick the Lilac scent (as it's my favorite) I'll definitely have to check these out! THANK YOU JENNIFER! Hubby is going to be mad at me for wanting MORE candles heh heh. *rubs hands together*

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Ooooh, your candle smells wonderful too! I love Lilac. My lavender one was heavenly, and these candles really do burn a long, long time!

Kathleen W. said...

That's a pretty candle, and I love the mat that it's on. Soy candles are great, not sooty like some other ones. The Pumpkin Souffle sounds nice for the fall.

The Muse said...

I like knowing that you gave an honest opinion....
(still, very happy you got to give a Good one :) )

Betty said...

Great review.
I love that glass container too so simple but very classy.