My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

01 March 2009

Quotable Sunday

Compassion, kindness, and empathy are the topics for today's Quotable Sunday I have seen these wonderful qualities in many bloggers and for that I am grateful. Yet, in the blogosphere as in life, there still exists cliques (recall junior high?). It makes me sad when I stumble across a clique, especially when I see meanness of spirit thrown in. It is not empowering to belittle one or many. I shall step off my soapbox and get on with the quotes. (I wrote this with absolutely no one in mind. This has been on my mind for about a month now, so please do not email me asking who I am referring to. If you are a blogger, you too have encountered cliques.)

"When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace."
The Dalai Lama

"Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other - it doesn't matter who it is - and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.."
Mother Theresa

"Only your compassion and your loving kindness are invincible, and without limit."
Thich Nhat Hanh

"He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged."
Benjamin Franklin

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."
Kahlil Gibran

"None of us has gotten where we are solely by pulling ourselves up from our own bootstraps. We got here because somebody bent down and helped us."
Thurgood Marshall

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others."
John F. Kennedy

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


18 comments:

pam said...

Some wonderful quotes.

I hope you are doing better:)

Tim said...

Nice post I also dont care for the clicks.

I hope this post means that you are feeling better. Please update us on your status when you can, or just send me an email.

We are still praying for you.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Seeryus Mama said...

Great quotes and very true!

Jenn@mylifewiththecrazies said...

Stopping over from Toni's. Great quotes.. and I hear ya... as far as the cliques go!

Anji Gallanos said...

Beautiful quotes for a Sunday.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Great choices. Hope you're feeling better!!

my2boyz said...

What WONDERFUL quotes!!!! I just hate when adults act like they are 12....so immature!!!

Tami said...

I love them all, but my favorite is by Mother Theresa.

It sounds like your better..YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm happy your back. I still have some catching up to do. Hopefully today I can get my eyes to cooperate and I can stop squinting.

Minxy Mimi said...

Excellent choices!
This one really speaks to me:

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others."
John F. Kennedy

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

So happy to see you're back! :) LOVE this week's quotes - I love both the Mother Theresa one, as well as the Thurgood Marshall one... :)

Toni said...

I love the one by kalil it rings so very true!

Shelley K. said...

Hope you are feeling better. You have been in my prayers!!!

One can NEVER go wrong with a Mother Teresa quote. She is one of my FAVORITES. She truly has the greatest quotes.

LT said...

I have to jump in for the Thurgood Marshall one too, thanks for the quotes, I will be re-reading these this week!

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

hEY... Are you healing well?

You must be, you are typing.

Loved this post. I haven't noticed cliques yet... but I'm sure I will.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sara said...

I love all your quotes today!

I completely understand how cliques can evolve into this circle we thought we left behind in High School. It's hard to indvidualize yourself as a blogger, yet create a circle of trustworthy bloggers who can support eachother.

Your thoughts seem to be a lot like the ones in my head lately.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Lots of great quotes, but my favorite is~

"When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace."
The Dalai Lama

Funny you mentioned the blogging cliques, I was just thinking about that this morning...

Kathleen W. said...

Those are inspiring quotes, especially the one by Mother Theresa.

I'm glad you're back and hope you're feeling better.

Amanda said...

Stopping by from SITS. and glad I did.

Those are some great quotes and great words to live by. Very inspiring!