My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

08 March 2009

Quotable Sunday

Rest is the topic for today's Quotable Sunday Today I plan on doing not much of anything and enjoying it a great deal.

"Rest: the sweet sauce of labor”."
Plutarch

"The best of all medicines is resting and fasting”."
Benjamin Franklin

"What is without periods of rest will not endure."
Ovid

"Rest is a good thing, but boredom is its brother."
Voltaire

"No rest is worth anything except the rest that is earned."
Jean Paul

"How beautiful is it to do nothing, and then rest afterward."
Proverb

"Nothing gives rest but the sincere search for truth."
Blaise Pascal

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


11 comments:

Tamerina said...

I think I may do the same thing.. rest.. aww I can feel my body relaxing already

Lolli said...

I love the Voltaire quote! How are YOU doing on rest, my friend?

Betty said...

That's the plan for my day too. Hope you enjoy your day. :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Great quotes! I hope you get lots of rest today - and feel better soon!

My favorite of these is:

"Rest is a good thing, but boredom is its brother."
Voltaire

Happy Quotable Sunday - and ((HUGZ!))

Minxy Mimi said...

You convinced me to take a nap!!!
Thanks for the quotes!

pam said...

Enjoy resting. Sounds perfect for a day like today. It is very dark and dreary here.

Jenn@mylifewiththecrazies said...

Oh resting sounds awesome! We just got back from an hour ride to my sisters for lunch... I took a nap on the way home while hubby drove.. think I will continue to rest now that I am home! Enjoy the rest of the day!

Toni said...

My favorite is the Proverb!! Great quotes today!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

"How beautiful is it to do nothing, and then rest afterward."
Proverb

I'm working on resting today too. :) It's rainy out so it's a great day to cuddle up and kick back.

Chris said...

Resting is a good thing. Sounds like you both need it and deserve it.

Shangrila said...

Clearly you are a girl after my own heart-lol! I like Voltaire's quote about rest being boredom's brother...but I think I'll risk it! ;)