My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 March 2009

Self Imposed Time Out

Today I need to place myself in a bloggy time out. Why would I do such a thing? I absolutely, positively must make some headway on two books I am reviewing that will not make it into the blogging world (I know, weird that the reviews are not destined for my blog), at least not until the books are released.

I will not say it will last the entire day as I am not certain that is possible for me. I enjoy spending time visiting my friends and making new ones, so I will allot break times to make my rounds.

Also, there is the small problem of Skype. Someone should have warned me about how addictive it is. Yes, I will be on and off Skype today. I cannot leave friends hanging.

Before I forget, I have been meaning to post about Bloggers Give Back, which is a ingenious idea two bloggers came up with back in 2008 as a way for us bloggers to give back to our communities.

My only problem is choosing just one charity. Long time readers know I do so love charities and I have lists of them. I cannot give to all of them and it is always a heart wrenching process for me when I must choose. I think I will focus on giving back to a charity here in my community, which narrows the charities to choose from, however not by much. I am leaning towards a shelter for women and children escaping abuse, but I need to investigate my options a little more closely before committing.
At this point I realise that I have begun to ramble on. I do apologise. I appear to be typing exactly how my brain thinks, frightening is it not?

Please do take a minute or two and head to Blogger Give Back and read about all the wonderful things bloggers have done since 2008. Hopefully many more bloggers will be inspired to give back.

If anyone has some fabulous charities they wish to share with me, please leave a comment. When I commit, I like to do so with as much information as possible. An advance thank you to all my readers.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday! Think of me and the 1,000+ pages of reading I shall be doing instead of playing.

7 comments:

One Anxious Mommy said...

Good luck reading! I have not gotten into Skype yet. Must. Stay. Away! :-)

blueviolet said...

Good luck on those books! I'm sure it's not too painful for you. Reading is the best.

Lolli said...

Good luck on your reading!!

Christine @ Live Laugh Love said...

Self Imposed Bloggy Timeout! How much reading have you gotten done by the time you read this comment! hmmmmmmm :) I do hope you get through book 2 before the day is out.

You wanted to know about additional charities and as much information as possible. Please check out this miraculous story of Kayleigh Freeman and Family.


http://www.give4kayleigh.blogspot.com/

http://kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

Enjoy reading your books! What is skype? I know you have mentioned it before but I have no idea what it is?

fraizerbaz said...

Wow! The Easter bunny hasn't aged AT ALL, has he?

NateAndJakesMom said...

I would say Skype is cursed but if not for Skype I wouldn't have gotten so close to you all.
Though sometimes I wonder how productive I would be if I would just turn it off sometimes!! :)