My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

30 March 2009

Spring Break Day 4-Time

Spring Breaks appears to be going by at a very rapid rate and we have been greatly enjoying it. I have noticed that as the years pass, time appears to speed up. The children are now young men and before I know it they will no longer be here with me and my husband. Which makes it all the more important that I treasure these days while I have them.
If you are a regular reader, you may know I have been questioning my time online verses time offline. I have felt badly for blogging and equally badly about not blogging. I believe I have found or I am in the midst of discovering my personal balance. There is a quote I have used to motivate me over the years. It was not until this past weekend that it dawned on me, this quote applies to all areas of my life! (yes, I shall share the quote):

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
- H. Jackson Brown

For me, this is a very humbling quote and one I shall not forget to apply to all areas of my life.

Quick reminder: Less than 2 days remain to enter my newest contest! Twisted Silver is offering one lucky reader an Aurora Bracelet set to be released the day the contest ends! So enter anytime through 11:00PM EDT on 3/31!**

I will of course be checking in to choose a winner via Random.org. This weekend I should have a few reviews up. Until then, I am going to spend as much time with my teens as they allow.

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Humbled, indeed. I need to get on the ball!

April said...

I have also been having a personal dilema lately with my time management.....and blogging seems to be low on my list of priorities....let me know when you get this all figured out cause I need help!

mannequin said...

I love that quote, I remember reading that a long time ago and it had the same impact on me.
Priorities.

NateAndJakesMom said...

It is all about balance. We all know how we, as mothers, sometimes tip the scales toward our kids more and I think that is ok... balance doesn't have to mean equal.

Kathleen W. said...

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've had to cut back my time online as well, since I don't want to miss precious time with the family.

And one comment about the quote: most of those people didn't have kids! I swear, that's what eats up all my time (happily so).

Eighty MPH Mom said...

I love your quote. Kids do grow up so fast, and I think it's so important to not let the time slip by...these are days you can't get back.