My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 April 2009

10-10-10, A Book Review

I was presented with the opportunity to read and review 10-10-10 by Suzy Welch. If I am completely honest my first thought was to pass up the opportunity. Why? I inwardly groaned at the thought of yet another self-help book. Yet I was intrigued by the title and the concept of 10-10-10 *10 Minutes-10 Months-10 years: A Life Transforming Idea by Suzy Welch, the inquisitiveness in me took over and I had to know more. Suzy Welch's knowledge, whit and insight did not disappoint. I could not put this book down. The concept is a seemingly easy approach and I am actually looking forward to implementing her tips!
Yes, you all read that correctly, I cannot wait to begin. I was hooked from the first page. Many of you may have heard of Suzy Welch, she writes for O Magazine, I had not. For those as clueless as I was, Suzy Welch is an amazing author who offers up a user friendly approach to organising one's priorities, how to make the tough decisions life hands each of us and how to bring some structure and sense of well being, ease of mind if you will, to all decisions.
It almost sounds too good to be true, yet I have already begun my lists. I am a paper and pen type of organiser. One of the wonderful things about Welch's system is that you implement it however it is best for you. It is not a one way is the right way approach. I found this very refreshing!
As I mentioned earlier I could not put this book down, I read it from cover to cover and then immediately handed it to my husband as I know he will find it just as useful as I did. I am a SAHM, he is a Professor of Chemistry and yet we shall both be using Welch's system to make decisions from the largest of problems to the smaller, easier if you will, decisions.
This book has truly changed the way I am looking at my life and has energised me in a way I did not think was possible. I believe it will do the same for my husband. If, like me, you are thinking "another self-help book", read more about 10-10-10 by Suzy Welch. If you have already implemented the programme I would love to hear from you, please email me anytime. I am energised and ready to go! I look forward to what results may come. I also look forward to buying 10-10-10 by Suzy Welch, for some friends and relatives as I know it is a gift they will truly enjoy receiving. I am that confident the book will be useful to all I gift it to.

I would like to thank Mother Talk for allowing me the opportunity to read this life changing book.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Well that was pretty dog gone convincing. You know I would have went out and bought is just because you told me to though. LOL

Thanks for the great info! I will email you when Carey and I have both read it.

Love and Prayers Jenn,

Tim

Christine @ Live Laugh Love said...

Okay, You - with all these books you've been reviewing my TBR pile is getting larger by the book! ;)

Going to have to check this one out for sure!

Thanks for sharing, as you always do. :)

Andrea Proulx said...

I am getting sick of self help books. I feel like they never help. Maybe this one will! I totally trust your opinion.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

My list of "must reads" is getting longer and longer and I'm now officially thinking I will never be able to catch up to it. *sigh* Sounds like a winner to me though!