My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

13 April 2009

Mojo Mom: A Book Review

Whenever I first receive or buy a book I flip through it. It is an old habit of mine, so when I received my copy of Mojo Mom: Nurturing Yourself While Raising A Family by Amy Tiemann, I began to wonder if this book would have much advise for me. I am not a new mom, my children are almost raised. Would this book hold within its covers any new information for me?
Mojo Mom is broken down into 10 chapters and admittedly the beginning two were truly geared towards new moms. After reading the first two chapters I thought two things; how correct Tiemann was and how I wished I would have had a copy of this book 16 years ago.
The continuing eight chapters do not disappoint. This is not just another self-help book, this book is written for all mothers who wish to be at their very best through the ups and downs of parenting.
Mojo Mom helps mothers to realise that being a mother does not mean giving up dreams or ambitions. This books starts off were most pregnancy books end. No, not on how to care for the baby, but how to care for you, the mom. Mojo Mom helps moms to rediscover their passions, smoothly re-enter the work force, juggle a full schedule, to help moms not to feel guilty/anxious (this was a good one for me) and how to regain time for ourselves. As a mom, I know I tend, at time, to consider my needs last. This book shows how that is not necessary, as each person's needs can be met.
I am very glad I read Mojo Mom and would recommend it to any mom! Not a mom yet? Soon to be a grandparent, Aunt or Uncle? It is my opinion that Mojo Mom: Nurturing Yourself While Raising A Family by Amy Tiemann would make an excellent Baby Shower gift!

I would like to thank Mother Talk for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like a great book! I'm always looking for something helpful and good to read! :)

Eighty MPH Mom said...

This sounds like an excellent book. This will definitely one that I keep in thought for myself or others who might benefit from it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Tami said...

I agree with Shannon,
I'm always looking for something helpful!

THANK YOU Jennifer!

Sandier Pastures said...

Sounds like a terrific book! I used to actively participate in Mother Talks Blog Tours until they limited it to US residents only!:-(

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Sounds great! I'll have to pick it up for my sister {and maybe an extra copy for moi}. Well written review, as always :)