My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

26 April 2009

My Son: Quotable Sunday

There have many topics I have wanted to use for today's Quotable Sunday. Then it dawned on me, my son wrote a poem for school which coveys many thoughts running through my own head. He managed to capture and put into words things I could not.

From Nothing, Into Nothing
written by My Oldest Son, April 2009

"Within this world of noise
And of the everything chaos;

We take the Nothings for granted,
As if they are nothing
And could never be something
Of equal value to us.

As we think of ourselves
As everything and anything,
We are blind to our purpose,
Which defines us as something
In this universe of unknown
And Nothings and Somethings.

Our comic beliefs of being
The one who will change the Everything,
Must be halted by the truth
Of the self-discovery of the Nothings.

Everyone against everyone,
As we sacrifice life for the Harbinger of Something,
To affect the Everything
That we cannot fathom;
The endless hordes of chaos
Pillage the earth,
For the Everything that is not there.

They frantically scavenge for the Everything
While trying to know as many somethings,
As the primitive flesh soaks in. Sadly,
They fail to acknowledge the limits
Of the pathetic, feeble mind.
With rage and complexion,
They retreat into insanity
As the search for the Everything goes on.

Blind to the truth,
Ever-seeing to the lies,
Consecrating the power of knowledge,
And the wisdom they foolishly seek.
In attempts to be the Something,
That forms to the Everything,
Of vast, eternal life.

As the congregation of the masses
Swells the globe beyond its Breaking,
The millions of scores of wannabe Somethings,
And self-proclaimed Anythings;
The truth is absent here.

As the corrosion of Conformity
Poisons the brain-dead crowd,
The Earth is enveloped in Deathly Cypress.
The people follow willingly,
As the Blind lead the Blind,
Into the abysmal dawn
Of their true existence;
From Nothing,
Into Nothing.
"


I would very much like to thank my son for allowing me to print his poem. If his AP Honors English teacher is searching the internet and has run across this, it is indeed his original work.

21 comments:

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Wow! That is an incredible poem - your son should be very proud of himself! :) Please tell him thanks for sharing, I have been rendered speechless which is a major feat! :)

Naomi said...

Okay, now I am totally depressed... this is kind of a downer, you should tell him to use more rhyme...

Joking, of course! But I wonder why all of the smart kids are so cynical.

Tia said...

Wow! Great job to your son!! Please thank him for letting you share his talent with us.

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

That is an amazing poem...hold on to that!

And don't worry, I was a cynical smart kid once. I guess I'm still cynical actually. But I'm friendly.

Anissa said...

Girl he is very talented. Love your blog I grabbed your button.

TFS
Happy Sunday

Eighty MPH Mom said...

What an amazing poem...he and you should both be very proud. There is some very deep thought involved in that. I am just blown away, quite frankly!

Good job!

LT said...

Very beautiful poem, so in depth. Tell you son thank you for sharing it!

JAN'S PLACE said...

Wonderful and deep poem!

You have one very wise son..you as a mother did a great job, as you have a great son with wisdom beyond many..

Jan

Tami said...

BEAUTIFUL! Great job!


I wanted to tell you..

I have something for you..

Please stop by and pick it up..

rules are .. you MUST pass it on!

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Wow! You have an amazingly talented son. You must be incredibly proud of his talent.
:) Thanks for sharing his work. Thanks to him as well.

I am Harriet said...

Very nice.
Kudos to your son.

Amy said...

Wow that was wonderful. I wish I could write like that. Happy Sunday to you. Thanks for stopping by today.

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

Great job SON!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sawatzky family said...

Great work! WOW!
Thank you for sharing this with us and thanks to your son :)
Shelly

Banteringblonde said...

Very impressive! You must be very proud - thanks for sharing.

Lori @ Msslaydbug said...

What an amazing talent he has !! There are adults that can't even put together a full sentence ! Great job - tell him THANKS for sharing !

mannequin said...

I just love this poem and you know, what I am impressed with the most are the chaotic twists and turns his writing takes. It's just so perfect for what he's conveying.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

What a great poem to share with us. Very talented son you have there!

Happy Quotable Sunday! Enjoy your upcoming week...

Sweet Serendipity said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is very well done. As I read it, it took me back to my high school days. I remember all that passion and conviction. The feeling of wanting to set the world on fire and change everything...and believing in our own power.

Dee said...

WOW! That is fantastic!

Ambrosia Jefferson said...

Great! I am a day late but happy sunday.