My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

19 April 2009

Quotable Sunday

Parenting is the topic for today's Quotable Sunday

"Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time."
Rabbinical Saying

"The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children."
Elain Heffner

"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
Jill Churchill

"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same."
Pearl Buck

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
Charles Wadsworth

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


11 comments:

Anissa said...

Great Quotes! I likeDon't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time, and The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.
TFS

CaseyDeuce said...

Awesome QS quotes!! I love the one about the kissing mother/scolding mother... I've been feeling like the scolding mother too much lately.

LT said...

Great topic! I love the one by Jill Churchill, it's nice to know we don't have to be perfect and end up a good parent anyway!

I am Harriet said...

I love your quotes.
I use to read Pearl Buck books a lot.

Banteringblonde said...

Pefect! I love the one about how by the time a man realizes his father was right he has a son who thinks he's wrong!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Excellent quotes, Jennifer!! My favorite is:

"Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time." Rabbinical Saying

Isn't that the truth?! :)

Happy Quotable Sunday! :)

Betty said...

"The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children."
Elain Heffner

I love this quote, great picks :)

JAN'S PLACE said...

Good Quotes!

I like:
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
Charles Wadsworth

Jan :)

Jennifer said...

The Wadsworth quote! So, so true! ;-)

Minxy Mimi said...

Great quotes!
I love this one:
"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same."
Pearl Buck

I fall into the latter category!

One Anxious Mommy said...

I am a kissing mother AND a scolding mother. I try to stick with the kisses as much as possible. ;-)