My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 April 2009

RAK'd

I have been RAK'd by the EMSS! For those who are not familiar with the term RAK, here is a definition courtesy of Wikipedia:

"A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by a person or persons wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual or in some cases an animal. There will generally be no reason other than to make people smile, or be happier. Either spontaneous or planned in advance, random acts of kindness are encouraged by various communities. An oft-cited example of a random act of kindness is, when paying the toll at a toll booth on a highway, to pay the toll for the vehicle behind you as well."

Want to see what arrived yesterday in fabulous pink mailers?



A trendy SAK purse and a trendy headband!


Apparently even my cat was thrilled and protective of the newest girl trends, can you blame her? We are in a house filled with testosterone.



There are no adequate words to describe how much this selfless act means to me. I want to thank my EMSS friends with all my heart and know that in some way, you will all be RAK'd in the future.

13 comments:

Christine @ Live Laugh Love said...

You deserve this and so much more my friend! So glad that you were made to smile, to laugh and to enjoy! RAOK - ROCK!

You are loved, cherished and admired

Pinkie

Eighty MPH Mom said...

The EMSS is the best group of women ever. Your purse is GORGEOUS! I love your headband. Kitty looks quite pleased too.

Thanks for sharing - random acts of kindness are the best! You know how much you are loved! (hugs)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Hurray for nice raks!!!

{okay, I couldn't resist}

Glad you like your purse!

Jenn(ifer) said...

How nice! beautiful cat too! :)

April said...

Very cool!

Naomi said...

What is the EMSS? Roo would be so jealous about the headband!

Mrs Cooper said...

Love the pic withe the protecting your much deserved gift. Congratulations to you.

NateAndJakesMom said...

Erin stole my joke... what I get for taking so long to get to your blog...

You so deserve it! I am so thrilled you were surprised and that you are "feelin' the love."

You are the besterestest. (that is a word you know...)

Tim said...

I believe SOOO strongly in this. I just never heard it called RAK'D before. In my life getting racked in anyway was something that only happened to us guys, and trust me in saying that it WAS NOT a act of kindness by any means.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Jennifer said...

Ooooh... pretty things... :-)

Andrea Proulx said...

I'm so glad you LOVE them. Does EMSS rock? It's like my safe haven. I'm so glad to put a smile on your face today. Woohoo to RAK's!!

Kathleen W. said...

I've never heard of EMSS, but what a great idea. Such a pretty bag, and it looks great when modeled by the cat.

mannequin said...

We don't know what EMSS is. I'm thinking that if getting RAK'd means things in the mail, I need to get rakked. Oh my. That sounds so...so vulgar.