My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

20 April 2009

Uncaffeinated Thoughts

Monday ramblings while waiting for Coffee...

Is all this rain good for crops? I am hoping it is. My family and I belong to a CSA, and are looking forward to all the fresh, organically grown fruits and vegetables. This is my heads up to all who mentioned they liked they idea of a CSA. More detailed information can be obtained for your area at Local Harvest.

I was asked the question: "If you had only ONE color you could paint the interior of your house with, what would it be? What would be your SECOND color of all of your fabrics and accessories." I do not have an answer. Maybe after consuming some caffeine I will become inspired? It is doubtful. I am not a very good decorator. Which translates to, I have an odd assortment of furniture and none of it truly "goes" together, yet works perfectly for our family. I adore the calm blue and brown of my bedroom, yet would I enjoy living in all blue and brown? Probably not. Currently my walls are painted Cafe Au Lait with some accent walls in Burning Bush Red. All the ceilings and base boards in the house are Cream in My Coffee. So to choose just one colour? Anyone have ideas?

Why do teens become crabbier the more they are helped? Example? The twinks have a track meet today. I asked if they planned to take some fruit and was snapped at. When I inquired if they planned to bring some peanut butter sandwiches I was growled at and by the time I asked if they had any plans to bring water to their meet they lost it completely. What do I know? I am just their mom and apparently not a clever one this morning.

Why do four minutes seem to take forever when I am steeping my morning coffee?

Should I suck it up and at least make a consultation visit with the neurologists at The Cleveland Clinic? Even though I know the last resort is experimental surgery? It would be a long drive and I do not think my husband could get time off. I probably just need caffeine.

Why are dandelions classified as a weed? They are pretty, decorative and one weed/flower that actually enjoys growing in my yard. As kids I made lovely bouquets of them, so why now are they viewed as not pretty?

How long will I continue to have hot flashes? I am assuming at least another decade? Longer? I best start knitting sweaters for the guys!

Why did I cry when watching a documentary last night on Black Footed Ferrets? There were so many things I disliked about WY-O-WY-Wyoming, yet seeing the wide open, high altitude prairie surrounded by mountains, my home of only 6 years, reduced me to tears.

I was always told, "practise makes perfect", yet this is most definitely not the case with my typing ability. Why?

Whew, the coffee is finally ready to plunge!

12 comments:

Andrea Proulx said...

I love your morning ramblings. Sometimes the last resort is the best one.

Tami said...

I have hot flashes too! LOL. More cold flashes then hot lately. However, today, as it hits the 90's I'll be dying in the office which will most likely be 60 degrees because one woman suffers hot flashes and insists we can warm up while she can't take anymore off.
I'll be going outside to scrape the icicles from my small mustache!

The boys will regret not bringing along their "energy" food for the meet today. I always would encourage Daniel to bring along a energy source, which he'd regret not bringing, then beg me to run home and get him an energy boost of RED BULL. I'd shake my head, and give a simple. NO.
I told you 100 times, and you always know best dear! LOL

Good luck.

I have to say too, I could never live with one color in the house. Each room is a different color, greens, mauve's, Salome, and browns. All white trim. I think I'm turning into one of those eccentric old ladies! LOL

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Oh... sista... we have similar mornings... hot flashes, teens, ponderings of minutae while the java brews...

Teens don't have enough myelin in their frontal cortex to be civilized until the age of 21...or so I read...

One color? Definitely purple. Secondary color? White.


We don't have a local CSA... so bummed.

Yes, go for the experimental stuff... you never know what might work.

I am so glad you are back... I missed you!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

4 minutes is a long time to wait, especially when you can smell the goodness that is coffee. Just teasing you, taunting as it steeps. Ugh. I feel your pain.

Mighty M said...

Good morning - hope that coffee helped! Someday I will feel your pain on the teenager issue. They'll probably come home and say they wished they had had a snack and some water!

Naomi said...

Your ramblings are good for me... they fill my empty head!

From A Creative Heart said...

You know...I was going to call....but after seeing the litany of things going through your head this morning.....i think I need a cup of coffee to be up for it!! LOL

Kathleen W. said...

I love your rambles! I think about that stuff too, well, not the hot flashes--yet. But I hate getting snapped at for trying to prevent annoyances like hunger and thirst.

mannequin said...

"Is it hot in here?" I always blame it on the radiator and it makes me feel better.
Snapping teens? I don't get that one either but I certainly have experienced it. I've decided that it is now their responsibility to state their needs. Step 783,873 of becoming an adult.
I don't think I could pick just one color for interior walls. But it seems to work on the outside.

Heres hoping the coffee cleared things up. I often worry about that, what if the coffee maker failed me?

Exploramania said...

I love to crochet, but not very good at it but still trying..
You will love my party, please come with friends, lots of healthy information and free prizes, hope to see you there. Enjoy your coffee and
knitting.

Gymathtics LIVE Event is going virtual! - Saturday, April 25, 2009, 2-5pm



Exploramania is having a Gymathtics LIVE Event in Tampa but wants to invite everyone who cannot physically attend to attend virtually through the Internet. There will be games, prizes, demonstrations, and live photos from the event from 2-5pm on April 25th all streaming through the Internet celebrating Math & Exercise with Gymathtics. This is a GREAT family activity for some safe family FUN. Those participating through the Internet will have added perks by utilizing Social Networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Twitter during the event. Even better, everyone can enter for giveaways, including the Gymathtics DVD, starting TODAY! Share this with your friends and family.



For instructions on how to participate online, visit Exploramania’s Blog at www.Exploramania.Blogspot.com.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

I love your morning thoughts too. I am also experiencing hot flashes, and they are most annoying. Teens? The answer is because they know everything and we know nothing. Eventually it will come back to bite them.

Thanks for sharing!

lykkefanten said...

heh, I am smiling imagining the sloooow trickle of coffee steeping ;)
At our place all the rooms are white. That is actually the norm here in Denmark. Sometimes there's a little splash of colour on one wall or such, but mostly the walls and ceilings are white ;)