My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

09 April 2009

Writer's Workshop


The Prompts and the answers:


1.) Describe a moment when you realized you and your spouse were SO different.

After 20 years I honestly cannot think of one. We are eerily very similar.

2.) What is your role in the household?

I am the mom and wife. I organise schedules, deal with problems, clean up after everyone, I am the enforcer, policy maker, organiser, scheduler, and nurse.

3.) Write about how you felt when you discovered you were lied to.

I cannot think of a time. I do know that I do not lie and have a very, very low tolerance to those who do.

4.) Describe a hard time you gave a teacher...what would you say to them today?

I never did this. I was a one of those annoyingly perfect student.

5.) What is an unpleasant experience you had eating? Write a poem, paragraph, or something else about the experience.

Friends of ours are from China and they made a huge feast. The appetiser was rather unpleasant. It would not go down. I do not DH and I kept our faces neutral. It was not an unpleasant taste, rather an unpleasant texture and just would not go down! Fortunately the rest of the meal was am absolute delight!


To see more writing prompts and read what others are writing about visit Mama's Losin' It.

17 comments:

Kristen said...

You never gave a teacher a hard time...you're lying. Right? Wait no. You never lie.

Life with Kaishon said...

Thank goodness the rest of the meal was good after the bad appetizer. What kind of texture was it? It sounds horrible!

Dan said...

I know the feeling about the inedible stuff. It can be really hard not to show the distaste.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I love your line about Policy Maker. That's a good one. I see myself as peace keeper.

Stopping by from MamaKat's!

Jennifer said...

I was that annoying student as well. Nerd alert! ;-)

Shannon said...

LOL - at least you ate the food graciously :)

One Anxious Mommy said...

Nothing like sitting there with a mouth full of food you don't want to swallow. I did that a lot when I was a kid - my mom called me a chipmunk!

Tami said...

I was that student who always asked questions.. usually the teachers would tell me to SHUT UP, sadly I just didn't understand it. I finally gave up and refused to do class work or homework

Tabi said...

Yeah umm there is nooo way I would have been able to eat it! Would have had to just been honest and tell them it's not happening!

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Texture is a thing for me too.

Jenners said...

Visiting from Mama Kats...

Wait a minute ... are you lying? All of this sounds just a little too perfect!

Jaime said...

you never lie and have never been lied to? that's amazing.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

You handled the food issue perfectly...it is so hard to hide when I don't like something!

I totally believe you were a perfect student...I was too. It IS possible!

NateAndJakesMom said...

I know that your are different than your husband in that you do not know as much about classic rock... right?

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I'd have a hard time hiding the fact that I couldn't eat the appetizer. Gag reflex is a tricky thing like that ;) Especially when it comes to texture.

Helene said...

The worst is trying to not puke in front of your hosts when you eat something they've made and it's just not agreeing with you. I usually just leave it to the kids...they'll always speak their mind, saying "this is the grossest thing ever". That's when I say, "excuse me for a minute while I talk to my child about manners" and I take that opportunity to throw the food away as I go talk to my child about the proper way to deal with puky food.

Kathleen W. said...

I want to know what that appetizer was! I keep thinking it was sweet bean cakes, because I've had some bean "candies" from Japan, and I have to say they were awful.