My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

02 May 2009

Changes

Change. It is a simple word, one syllable, yet it evokes in me so many emotions. This weekend is full of changes for me, nothing dreadful, just busy. If it was not for my need for caffeine consumption, I would not be posting right now, since we are cleaning out the house, attic, and garage. Once a year the city offers to pick up almost anything for free, but I digress.

My babies are being Confirmed tomorrow. They have been preparing for this for a long time, and I am very proud of them and will take photos tomorrow and I will cry, because that is what this mom does. I looked at my twins this morning, dressed smartly for rehearsal, wondering when my babies got to be so old and so mature. Was it not just yesterday, that against the medical odds they proved medical science wrong and not only lived to be born, but also survived birth and a rocky start? Prayer is powerful!

My oldest twin. He had tubes everywhere. This was taken shortly after his had a central line put in. The big bed was due to the necessity of needing to get to all the various lines as well as the numerous x-rays he had around the clock.



Our youngest child (by 5 minutes) being held by dad. He was allowed out of he heated isolette for small periods of time.



To me, they still are my babies. Always needing to be touching in some way, secret looks, a shared language. (They still do all of those things.)



My oldest, in my mind, looks like this silly little 1 1/2 year old, visiting his mom in hospital and bored as usual and not understanding why his mommy had to be away from him. Why his mommy could not get up and play with him. (No, we did not let him eat the cones, he liked to taunt us, I think he wanted me to get up and stop him, which I could not.)



Yesterday my son informed me he is hoping to be chosen as one of the cross country captains. My brain cannot compute, for in my mind, he is still far too little.

18 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Such a sweet post. They will always be your babies! I wish them the best of luck tomorrow, they should be proud of what they've accomplished...and you as well.

Cj @ Live Laugh Love said...

Jennifer- I am moved by your reflections of your childrens lives. You have obviously been a wonderful mother, for your sons to grow up to be such fine young men. Thank you for taking us for a walk down your memory lane. May the weekend and the tears be good one, may more memories be yours for the reflecting in years to come.

Blessings to you and yours...
AlwaysAlways

Eighty MPH Mom said...

How sweet...thank you for sharing your childrens lives with us. Tomorrow is such a special day. Even though they are growing up, I know they will always be your babies. Mine certainly are!

Anissa said...

Loved your post --Thank You for sharing it with us. I have a 14 year old son and he is still by baby.

Naomi said...

Congratulations on this auspicious event! What sweethearts your boys were. And still are, from the sound of it...

Tami said...

your boys are beautiful, and I know having 3 of my own they don't like to be called beautiful, yet to a mother they are just that. BEAUTIFUL.
When they hold me in my arms and my face rests against their chests I murmur that word, your beautiful, and I love you. They laugh, and I smile. Well you ARE I say.

Its always OK to cry. Shed a tear with a smile on yoru face. Mommies do that!

Good luck to your son in becoming team captain! I'm praying for him!!

HuGZ & Blessings
Tami

Betty said...

Such a beautiful post, it made me teary eyed. My son fought for his tiny little life too and I see him now and can't believe how much he's grown. I'm having a hard time accepting that myself.

Sounds like you did a great job with them, keep praying for them.

I hope you have a great weekend :)

Hyla said...

Awwwww what cute little ones! You need to include recent pictures!

Tim said...

Jenn,

Great post!! Again I wish you luck with all that cleaning. We are doing the same thing today.

I loved reading about the boys and do hope that you will share more of their incredible story again.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

Ugh... I hate that my kids are getting older...

Stop on over and enter my 500th post giveaway... my very first!

mannequin said...

I know. And now I will be crying for you crying for them. Because I cry for mine, each step.

I wondered to myself that if we had to make a conscious decision to allow them to grow, each step of the way, would we do it?
I think I would, painful as it can be, it would be worse not to.

They were beautiful little boys who obviously showed a great deal of strength. Sounds like they're still showing it. Good mom. Good dad.

NateAndJakesMom said...

No one really tells us how much it will hurt (in a good way but still pain) when our children start to spread their wings and start to fly away. Luckily we get this pain to remind us to soak in every minute there is with them home and safe.
Enjoy the moments - they are only happening because you have raised them so well.
Much love my friend.

Jenni Jiggety said...

It's a big weekend for you! My boys had their first communion today and I blubbered away as soon as I saw them coming down the aisle. I know in a blink I will be at their confirmation...

lykkefanten said...

Congratulation to your sons on the confirmation. Such a big thing!

I think I can understand how you feel, though my boy is still a baby... I think he always will be ;)

Mighty M said...

What a wonderful post. Change, and moving forward in life, is often something we want to deny. My kids are still very small, but it is so easy to look ahead and think that it is all going to go by so fast (which I know it will!). Congrats to the possible future track captain!

Jenny said...

Hi. Just dropping by your blog here. It's really nifty. I'm gonna bookmark you for later visits. And I hope you drop by my site for a look see and visit. I'd love to have you. :D

Kathleen W. said...

What precious children, no matter what age. Soren does the same thing that your oldest is doing in the photo! Tempting his parents to scold him.

Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

congrats! what a wonderful post!