My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

04 May 2009

Confessions and Observations of A Feverish and Under Caffeinated Brain

I have always heard the term "man-cold" and knew it did not apply to my husband. He rarely becomes ill and when he does, he likes to be left alone and sleeps until he is better. I on the other hand, happen to currently be ill, and have discovered much to my chagrin, I have the female version of the "man-cold" (would that be woman-cold?).

Does anyone else feel worse as the night progresses? No matter how sick I am, by 3AM death does not seem far off. Please say I am not alone.

It was probably wrong to check and see if my sweet husband was awake throughout the night (did I mention I did this all weekend?). In my defense, he did answer every time I asked, "are you awake"? He claims he did not, but he also has the ability to hold full and rather lengthy conversations in his sleep. Yes, that is rather creepy and an entire post could be written about that at another time.

Due to the copious amounts of Alka-Seltzer Cold (I do not work for them, I just really think their product rocks), I should probably stay away from sharps as my blood may be a tad thinner than usual.

I do not care what the tissue package says, after using 200 off them, none are soft.

Who thought cherry was a good flavour for throat lozenges? Seriously, eeewwww.

Even though I can no longer smell, I am convinced I can smell my coffee. I realise it is psychological, yet I like the illusion of smelling freshly steeped coffee. I may not be well today, but I shall become caffeinated!

12 comments:

Naomi said...

I think my husband has had that cold all weekend. I have taken to ignoring his pleas for help. Your husband is MUCH nicer than I am!

Feel better soon.

Tami said...

I'm sorry your sick! I usually drink Nyquil, it's my drink of choice when I'm sick LOL.
Knocks me out and I sleep through the worst of it.

Feel better and drink your coffee.. Nothing like a wonderful cup of coffee! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'm prayin for you

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

I'm so sorry you're still not well. I am the biggest baby when I get sick. I tend to wake up the hubster too...just for comfort.
and I've NEVER liked cherry cough drops. I always get honey lemon.

((HUGS)) Get well soon, my friend.

Andrea said...

Oh I hate hate hate being sick. I make fun of my husband when he is sick. But I know i'm horrible. Yes, the middle of the night is the worse. Especially when all you want to do is sleep and you can't.

As for throat losenges. I swear they were made to taste disgusting. I can never find a flavor I like.

Anissa said...

It does seem you feel worst in the middle of the night then when you first go to bed. It sucks.

Hope you feel better. I will drink some coffee for you.

Mrs Cooper said...

Cherry is just not a good flavor for anything in medicine. Not sure why they think it is.

Hope you get better soon. It's worse getting sick in the spring and summer months.

Mighty M said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you're sicky! I hope you feel better and can finally drink and smell real coffee! ;-)

mannequin said...

Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer.
Here's hoping the caffeine is flowing by now.
:) I just love it when you rant early morning style.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I am so sorry you are feeling so cruddy. I hope it is a quick moving "woman-cold".

I agree with you - after that many tissues they are not soft at all.

And cherry? c'mon. Why not German Chocolate Cake flavored, or Strawberry Daquiri? Or a mudslide...mmmmm - oh sorry.

I hope you feel better really, really soon!

Speedy hugs to you!

MoziEsmé said...

So I guess we can't just tell you to go to bed and sleep until you feel better if your nights aren't so restful. But I do hope you're feeling better soon; it sounds miserable.

My coughing is always worst during the night - I actually feel better during the day when I'm preoccupied with other things. So you're not totally alone.

Tim said...

Jenn,

I so hate to laugh at your misery, but that was a funny post. I am the same way at night. When our bodies start to rest is when the viruses and infections really take over. Especially when you first start getting sick.

I also can hold a conversation with Carey in my sleep and not remember a word of it. She has learned not to ask me to do things while I am sleeping. LOL

You are always in my prayers, but even so now that you arent well. I will be praying for both of you and hope that you recover fast.

Love and Prayers,

Tim