My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

16 May 2009

A Kidnapping of Sorts!

Some may recall my twinks were Confirmed a few weeks back, I even wrote about it with pictures (which is rare of me to share recent photos of my guys). This rainy morning, they will be "kidnapped" by the juniors and seniors of the High School Ministry, taken for breakfast and introduced to older teens who will be their mentors and provide them advise as they navigate the bumpy road of High School (answer all those questions they would rather not ever ask mum or dad). The catch is we do have to "ransom" them. Donations to the food pantry will allow for the release of the twinks and all the others. Apparently we must "ransom" them (think I could ask for 24 hours?). It was worth a thought at least. ;)

I am very excited for them. We did something rather similar to this in High School. The Seniors "kidnapped" the Freshmen. I recall having a blast, both as a Freshman and as a Senior. I am happy to see the tradition lives on.
In this fast paced world of instant gratification, instant information, technology at the ready, and the ever impersonal texting, I am very pleased some "old fashion" traditions live on.

There will not be any pictures of the actual "kidnapping" since I am rarely comfortable posting pictures of my own teens, I most defintely would not post pictures of others. My oldest has already left as he is part of the "kidnapping" team.

23 years have passed since I participated in an event such as the ones my children are about to take. My hope is they remember this experience as fondly as I recall mine.

11 comments:

tinasly said...

That is a really neat tradition and sounds pretty fun! So you want an extra 24 hours? Maybe until Tuesday or so - it's worth a shot!

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting me via SITS! Happy Saturday.. YOU do not look old enough to have teenagers! :)

Mighty M said...

Sounds fun! I hope the kidnapping goes well (how often do you say that??). :-)

Susan said...

Stopping in from SITS to say Hi.

April said...

I've never heard of anything like this......sounds like fun though!

(I'm with Amy.....there is just no possible way that you are old enough to have teenagers......what's your secret.....WE HAVE TO KNOW!)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL how fun!! We didn't do anything as fun as that... aww. I wish we had.

mannequin said...

Same here, I've never heard of such a tradition but isn't it wonderful they now share the same?
That's a wonderful tradition!

Eighty MPH Mom said...

What a fun idea...I wish they had done this when I was younger - but then again, maybe nobody would pay ransom for me!

Anissa said...

I have never heard of that! Sounds fun! Hope they have a wonderful time.

Tami said...

I've never heard of this! It sounds like a lot of fun! I hope your boys have a wonderful time! I'd love to see this happen here, make it easier for the kids, and for the parents LOL.

thibeaux1369 said...

what a fun and brilliant idea! it must be comforting to know your boys will have mentors to navigate.