My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

24 May 2009

Quotable Sunday-Anniversary Edition

Happy Anniversary to my beloved husband! Today is our 18th Wedding Anniversary, so I chose love quotes for today's Quotable Sunday

"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
Robert Heinlein

"Love is the only gold."
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."
Karen Sunde

"The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."
Hugh Walpole, Sr.

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
Vincent van Gogh

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Dr. Seuss

"“If I know what love is, it is because of you."
Herman Hesse

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


20 comments:

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Happy Anniversary!! (no working on trees today, you hear?) ;)

Your quotes are beautiful but I picked this one as my favorite:
"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

That sounds about right to me. :)

Mighty M said...

Beautiful quotes - Happy Anniversary!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the quotes you've chosen - this one's my favorite:

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
Vincent van Gogh

ENJOY your day today! :)

Tami said...

Happy Anniversary! The quotes are BEAUTIFUL!

Amy said...

Wow 18 years that is amazing. Happy Anniversary. Love is the best that just keeps on giving.

Eighty MPH Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love, love, love your quotes, especially the second one down by Robert Heinlein. I think that is the key to a perfect relationship!

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

LT said...

Happy Anniversary and what great quotes! I love the first one by Jalal ad-Din Rumi, I love the thought that Lovers are in each other all along!

Anji Gallanos said...

What a sweet tribute..happy anniversary!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

I love this quote...

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence." Vincent van Gogh

Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend.

Brooke said...

Beautiful quotes! Happy Anniversary!

Becca said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the Dr. Seuss quote! :)

Banteringblonde said...

Happy Anniversary! I love dr. Seuss!

Sweet Serendipity said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 18 years is impressive. I love the 3rd quote.

Totally_Toni said...

Great quotes Knitty! I love this one:


"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

It's so sappy and sweet, my favorite kind :)

mannequin said...

Happy Anniversary!

Debbie said...

Happy, happy anniversary! I love anniversaries and don't think we celebrate them enough!
Dropped by from SITS.

Anissa said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope yall had a wonderful one.
Loved all your quotes by favorite it The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. So sweet. TFS

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Happy Anniversary!! You're a wonderful couple and I wish you both nothing but the best. Here's to another 18. :)

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

Happy Anniversary! Good ol' Dr. Seuss...he has the best quotes!

Kathleen W. said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you two had a wonderful weekend.