My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rundpinne.com
and update your bookmarks.

17 May 2009

Quotable Sunday

I could not decide upon a specific topic, rather I decided to post some quotes by W.H. Auden for today's Quotable Sunday

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator; but among those whom I love, I can: all of them can make me laugh."

"But all the clocks in the city
Began to whirr and chime:
'O let not Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time
."

"All that we are not stares back at what we are."

"Geniuses are the luckiest of mortals because what they must do is the same as what they most want to do."

"In headaches and in worry
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day
."

"Good can imagine Evil; but Evil cannot imagine Good."

"We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know."

"He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and Sunday rest, My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong."

To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted visit A Daily Dose of Toni


17 comments:

Anissa said...

Beautiful Quotes --My favorite "Good can imagine Evil; but Evil cannot imagine Good."

TFS -- Have a wonderful Sunday

Tim said...

I loved that "Good can imagine Evil: but Evil cannot imagine Good"

Love and Prayers Jenn,

Hope the pain is better.

Tim

I am Harriet said...

Good can imagine Evil; but Evil cannot imagine Good. That is a good one.

mannequin said...

Very nice post on a Sunday. I like the one about time. Time and the whole concept of measuring time constantly befuddles me.

shopannies said...

love the qoutes especially the one about not being able to beat time. We may want to at times but time continues on

kiddiescorner said...

I love your quotes love the headache one. Have a wonderful SUnday!

Kim said...

Ditto to the previous commenter on favorite quote. It's so true! My QS

Totally_Toni said...

Great quote Knitty! This one is so very true and speaks volumes


"Good can imagine Evil; but Evil cannot imagine Good."

Happy Sunday my friend.

LT said...

Great quotes today! I like
"But all the clocks in the city
Began to whirr and chime:
'O let not Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time."

I have had a month where I wished I could make time slow down a little more, I guess I just need to slow myself down and enjoy my kids more before they are all grown!

Tami said...

I love the one..

"All that we are not stares back at what we are."

Beautiful quotable Sunday Jennifer!

Thank you for sharing =)

Eighty MPH Mom said...

These are great - I especially love the "we are here to help others" quote - that is priceless!

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

Happy Sunday!!Great quotes!!!

Jaime said...

great quotes. i like the one about geniuses

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Excellent quotes - hard to choose a favorite, but this one does stand out:

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator; but among those whom I love, I can: all of them can make me laugh."

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

What wonderful choices for quotes. Here is my favorite of the bunch:

"We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know."

that one makes me giggle.
Happy Sunday!

Sweet Serendiptiy said...

Wonderful picks! I particularly like this one: "Geniuses are the luckiest of mortals because what they must do is the same as what they most want to do."

Thanks for visiting today :D

Kelly said...

My favorite quote is "Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator; but among those whom I love, I can: all of them can make me laugh."

It was actually my grad quote in the yearbook. It was in reference to my high school boyfriend who became my husband.